Pages

Friday, July 1, 2022

Cherry Hand Pies

I honestly can't believe it is July 1st!  We are halfway through 2022 and I really wish time would slow down a bit.

Sweet Cherry season is over here in our area but I did get to make at least one batch of these delicious pies.  I will make a note to plan better next year and have some to freeze.

Filling:

2 1/2 Cups pitted sweet cherries
1/4 Cup sugar
1 1/2 Tablespoon Corn Starch
1 Tablespoon lemon juice

Place all ingredients in a saucepan over medium high heat.  Stir constantly. Six minutes.
Remove from heat and let cool completely

Cut out 8 circles of pie dough and fill each with 3 large Tablespoons of the filling.

Brush with egg wash.

Bake at 425 for 20 minutes.

Let cool and glaze with powdered sugar glaze if desired.



10 comments:

  1. Puts a store bought hand pie to Shame! I don't like canned cherry pie filling, but with fresh I think it'd be delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like most cherry pie filling either but this is the perfect sweetness for me.

      Delete
  2. hand pies... something I've never made but keep saying I'm 'gonna' ... I'd better get on it and some day very soon...

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look so delicious!! We'd have to get the cherries now and then freeze them and make this later in the year when we start using our oven again, but it would be worth it, lol :) Do they store well?

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cherries will freeze well. I talked to the farmer about that but didn't buy enough to freeze for later. I will next year because these are the perfect not too sweet snack.

      Delete
  4. Wait a minute. It's that easy to make something like that? I may have to do that soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are seriously that easy. Buy a premade pie dough and even easier.

      Delete
  5. I have a vague memory of eating these sorts of things as a treat in school lunch boxes. I wonder if they still make them.

    ReplyDelete