Pages

Sunday, July 17, 2022

My Weekly W's

What's top of my mind:
The days go by so quickly and it is so easy to operate on autopilot and let the day run you instead of you running your day that I want to continue to be a bit more mindful of how I spend each day.  I want to celebrate all the joys, big and small that happen on a regular basis.  I know I've mentioned this before, this is more of a reminder to myself.

Where I've been: 
Monday I took Binx to the vet for his first visit.  He was so good and charmed both the vet tech and the vet with his shiny coat and confident personality.  He received his last initial shot and didn't even flinch but instead just looked at the vet after she gave it like "what are you doing".  Wednesday I went for a much-needed haircut. Saturday was the big guys birthday so we skipped going out of town for our usual biweekly grocery shop.  We have plenty and will stock up next week.  The big guy chose one of the local BBQ places for his Birthday lunch Saturday and it did not disappoint.




Where I'm going:
It is going to be a very busy week at work.  I have two new doctors that I will have to do orientations with so that is two days gone.  I also have to do payroll and everything else that comes up daily so it will be brutal I'm sure.  Saturday we'll head out of town to shop and have lunch.

What I'm watching:
I'm watching Binx grow daily.  He was 3.5 pounds when we brought him home at 12 weeks old.  Now after 6 weeks with us he weighs 6.5.  He is so tall and long, I think he's going to be a big kitty.

What I'm reading:
I didn't have much time for reading this week and am still on the same book as last week.  I will finish hopefully today.

What I'm listening to:
Quiet rumbles of thunder telling me it will be a cloudy, rainy day which I am oddly OK with today.

What I'm eating:
Sunday I grilled a whole chicken so it provided two more meals for this week along with one for my lunch.



LO-Moroccan lamb meatballs, rice and naan
LO chicken, mashed potatoes, tomatoes and arugula
LO BBQ chicken, zucchini tots, tomatoes
BLT's and oven fries
Beef sausage, peppers, onions, mac and cheese



Korean Beef, rice and naan


I baked a chocolate cake with butter cream frosting for the big guy's birthday.  The layers are a bit crooked, but it tastes delicious so that's what really matters.  I don't bake layer cakes very often anymore and I'm obviously out of practice.




Who needs a good slap: 
No one particular comes to mind today.

What I'm planning: 
Nothing at the moment.

What's making me smile
Knowing I have an entire day to spend as I want with the Big Guy makes me smile.

I hope everyone is doing well and enjoys their Sunday!!

22 comments:

  1. Home-made cakes are delicious and special. I love the blue sprinkles. I'm salivating at your pictures. You seem in a really great mood and I hope it's catchy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sam.
      I think everyone needs a home-made cake for their birthday.
      I hope you have a great week ahead.

      Delete
  2. Happy belated birthday to the Big Guy! Yummy with all the food and that cake looks so delicious! Was it challenging to cut since it was 3 layers? Seems like the practice you work for must be growing if 2 new doctors are coming abroad? Training does take a big bite out of time. We got 2 new temps a few weeks back and I've felt a little off at work since trying to train them and keep up with everything else, so good luck with it :) Enjoy the week ahead, Lori!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. T.his is the second time I've made this cake in these tins. They are taller but smaller around. It actually cuts pretty easily. We had two doctors leave so these are replacements for them. I feel for you training. It does take up all the time for your regular things you have to do. I'll survive.
      I hope you also have a great week!!

      Delete
  3. The cake is delightful!!!!!

    More Happy Birthday's to the Big Guy!!!!

    🌸🌺💮🌺🌸🌺💮🌺🌸

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cake looks perfect! Happy Birthday to your man! The chicken is such a good idea!! Have a cozy day, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I love cooking a whole chicken to provide many more meals plus stock. You can't beat it.
      Wishing you a cozy Sunday Billie Jo.

      Delete
  5. I love the cake, and it's great that you had a wonderful and peaceful week. I hope you get more of the same this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. This week will not be so peaceful at work but I am determined to just roll with it.

      Delete
  6. Well I think the cake is splendid. Just remember all docs is quacks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tasted amazing which is the whole point I guess.

      Delete
  7. That cake is making me smile :) All those shades of blue. I love it!!! You & I have very similar food tastes.Your meals all look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...and Happy Belated Birthday to the Big Guy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad the birthday was celebrated in style (BBQ is always in style, haha) and I think that cake is gorgeous! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who doesn't love good BBQ? The cake was not my best but not bad and it tasted good which is what counts right?

      Delete
  10. Oh new kitty fun. I want a new kitty, but I have a big fat kitty already.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy belated birthday to the big guy! So glad the kitten is healthy and growing!

    ReplyDelete