Pages

Sunday, October 23, 2022

My Weekly W's

What's top of my mind: Time gets away from most of us.  It's already the last week of October so I'm really focusing on each day and appreciating every moment. My motto has always been "Run the day or the day will run you."  This is the left corner of our backyard showing all of its fall glory.  Today I need to get a photo of our burning bushes that are at their peak.


Where I'm going: Hopefully my new glasses will be ready this week so I can pick them up.  Friday I'm taking the day off so we can go for a hike through Garden of the Gods and see even more Fall beauty.  Saturday we're going out of town to do some shopping, have lunch at Drakes to cure my club craving and pick up our meat order.

What I'm watching: We watched this week's Great British Baking Show. 

What I'm reading: I finished The Very Secret Society of Irregular Witches which I really enjoyed.  I'm about halfway through The Ten Thousand Doors of January by Alix E. Harrow and am also enjoying it. This passage really caught my attention: "If we address stories as archaeological sites, and dust through their layers with meticulous care, we find at some level there is always a doorway. A dividing point between here and there, us and them, mundane and magical.  It is at the moments when the doors open, when things flow between the worlds, that stories happen."   I also bought From Scratch, and it should be here tomorrow.  I want to read it before I watch the Netflix series that just came out. 

What I'm listening to: Right now, I have the patio door open, and I can hear the leaves rustling around from the wind.  It is a comforting sound.

What I'm eating: 

Red beans and rice with cornbread x 2
Beef chili with garlic bread

I made a "pizza" out of two naan's that I had in the freezer, and it was delicious.


Grilled chicken, loaded baked potatoes and corn
Bacon cheeseburgers with fries (the big guy's request)
I'm not sure about tonight yet, but I'm thinking some type of pasta dish with a big salad.

Who needs a good slap: I kept myself pretty sheltered this week without news, FB or any other outside influences, so I'm happy to report no slap this week to anyone. 

What I'm planning: November has a good number of appointments and commitments so I have to keep an eye on my schedule.

What's making me smile: Michael, the dear, from Spo-Reflections | To live is to battle with trolls in the vaults of heart and brain. To write; this is to sit in judgment over one's Self. Henrik Ibsen (wordpress.com) and I have been exchanging Good Morning memes for a couple of years now.  This month we've shared Fall/Halloween inspired messages all month.  Yesterday I scrolled through the month looking at them again and it brought a smile to my face. Thank you Spo!!

Well that's it for today.  I hope you all have a lovely Sunday and a magical week ahead.  Any smiles you want to share? I believe we all need to smile as much as possible.

 

21 comments:

  1. Such a pretty backyard you have, Lori! Sounds like a fun time ahead you have with the hiking! I hope you share some pictures with us! Two smiles to share. We bought pumpkins yesterday to carve next week with family. Second smile, we took grandson to the fall festival at church yesterday. He enjoyed the bouncy house and obstacle course and all the candy he collected from trunk or treat and games :)

    Have a great week ahead!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Betty. Painting that shed gray to match the house has been on my list but I think it will make the Spring list. Those are two great smiles that you shared. I'm sure the grandson loved the fall festival. They are always fun. Be sure and share pictures of your pumpkins!! Have a great week.

      Delete
  2. We are in the midst of a beautiful weekend. My husband is grilling rainbow trout for dinner with the last of our garden eggplants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's beautiful here too this weekend. We grilled last night. I hope you enjoy yours as much as we enjoyed ours.

      Delete
  3. I love that picture of the tree leaves changing colors. I wish I could see that here where I'm at. I'm glad you had a good week, and hopefully this next one is a good one too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really pretty here right now. I hope you're doing well and have a wonderful week also.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful backyard. Our colored are still holding but will be gone this week. Spo is a gem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sam. I'm glad I took the picture because it is so windy, I noticed a LOT of leaves fell today. Yes, he is priceless!

      Delete
  5. All the trees around here are at their peak colors, too! I used to have three burning bushes at my old house. They sure do get beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have two and I want three or four more they are so gorgeous this time of year.

      Delete
  6. Thank you. Garden of the Gods is amazingly beautiful. I'm hoping for good weather. I love a good cheeseburger too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry you received any such comments that made you write a PSA.
    I had to google where Garden of the Gods is located.. looks stunning.
    That naan pizza is looking good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am too! Yes Garden of the Gods is a beautiful spot. It's the first time I've made a 'pizza' on naan and it was SO good.

      Delete
  8. I love the picture of the yard. I so wish I had trees again. But hubs does not want the leaves, and we don't want anything obstructing the view.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We actually have very few trees. This is a small corner of our yard and most of the trees are others. We do get their leaves though. lol

      Delete
  9. I never tire of seeing the beautiful fall landscapes. I love the oranges and reds on the trees and the cozy feeling. Your backyard photo is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a gorgeous time of year here that is for sure.

      Delete
  10. The beautiful backyard photo and the sound of rustling leaves? Perfect, my friend. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete