Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2022

My Weekly W's

What's top of my mind:  This week my mind was focused on my friends in Florida.  We've heard from most of them and they are physically well which is a relief.  September 29th is the day that I lost my Dad 30 years ago and also it would have been Jet's 17th birthday so of course I thought of them a lot this week.  

Where I've been:  Other than work and a trip to the grocery store, we didn't go anywhere which is exactly what I needed.

Where I'm going:  Nothing is planned for the coming week.  I want to go to the Pumpkin Patch to enjoy a nice fall day but I think I want to wait until the 16th when they'll also have carriage rides which would be nice.

What I'm watching: We watched Hocus Pocus and the new Hocus Pocus 2.  I won't spoil anything for those that plan to watch, but we really enjoyed it. 


What I'm reading:  I finished The Apple Orchard and started The Oysterville Sewing Circle yesterday.  

What I'm listening to:  I do yoga and meditation almost daily but since it was a bit of a stressful week I found myself meditating even longer just listening to the silence and my breathing.  It really does help calm my mind.

What I'm eating:
Left over chili with cheese, sour cream and green onions and cornbread
Left over roasted chicken from Sunday with mashed potato patties and salad
Hatch chili chicken sausage and veggie pasta with garlic knots
Meat loaf with mac and cheese, salad and garlic knots
Not sure if you'd call these calzones but I took pizza dough and cut into circles like I would for calzones and stuffed with ham, cheese and red onion slices then brushed with egg wash and baked.  We dipped them in honey mustard and had oven fries.  Pretty tasty and 6 added to the freezer for later.
Chicken veggie egg rolls.  20 added to the freezer for later. The egg roll filling smells so delicious cooking.



Who needs a good slap:  Putin. 

What I'm planning:  October 1st brought the start of my favorite season that I'm planning to really enjoy.

What's making me smile: This made me smile but I would add someone in your family should have taught you how to cook bacon. You can't put all the blame on the education system.



Stay safe everyone and I hope you enjoy your Sunday!!


26 comments:

  1. I love that!!!! Weeks with nothing on the calendar are the best. Especially this time of year. Have a cozy day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are the best weeks, Billie Jo. I'm sure you have a cozy day planned as well. Enjoy!!

      Delete
  2. I'm glad to hear your friends are safe. I hope they get help getting back in their feet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sam! They all have a long road ahead of them. Physically and emotionally. The old Florida charm of the area is almost completely gone. It will rebuild but it will never be the same.

      Delete
  3. LOL about the instructions on how to cook bacon :) I think I learned that in home economics years ago :) So glad to hear that your friends are safe in Florida. Continued prayers for the whole state as they dig out and try to rebuild. I can't imagine! I follow a blog who had a hurricane come through their area last year (in Louisiana area). It was so hard to see the devastation to their town/city/state and their own damage received. Again, I can't imagine having to pick up the pieces and get on with life! I'm looking for fall activities to do here, like a pumpkin patch. That one with the carriage ride sounds fun in your area! I did hear a lot of people enjoyed Hocus Pocus 2. To be honest, I haven't seen the first one so not sure I'll be seeing either one, but who knows with the month of Halloween here :) I do like the quiet weeks which is the majority of our work weeks. I find the older I get, the more downtime I need :) Have a quiet peaceful week ahead, Lori!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was cute. I honestly don't remember where I learned to cook bacon but I did. lol
      I'm glad we are not living there because I also do not know where you even begin to pick up the pieces and I'm sure I would want to leave.
      If you get chance to watch the Hocus Pocus movies do it. They are really cute.
      Yes as I've gotten older my life has really changed. I no longer have the urge to travel or explore much and crowds and traffic annoy me I'm now much happier doing my own thing at home.
      Wishing you a quiet peaceful week as well Betty!!

      Delete
  4. Sorry for sad memories... But super that you are determined to enjoy this delightful Month!

    🍁🍂🌰🍂🍁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do intend to enjoy the next several months at least a bit every day.

      Delete
  5. I'm glad to hear your friends are safe, and we need more food labels like that! Then again, I'm sure people will figure it out when the grease splatters all over them. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Some things are better learned the hard way right?

      Delete
  6. I used to meditate regularly and then got lazy and just got away from it. I do qi-gong everyday for about 25 minutes which is relaxing too. I need to get back to meditating. I'm glad someone got a good slap this week.!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meditating really relaxes me. I actually watched a bit of news and heard his latest antics and so he deserves 5 slaps.

      Delete
  7. Oh! How I miss pumpkin patches! This is another reason to move back to the Midwest. I watch HP2 this evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Move back the Midwest and we can pumpkin patch together! I'm sure you'll enjoy HP2.

      Delete
  8. That bacon package is too funny! I have to say, cooking bacon is my least favorite thing to make in the kitchen. I hope you have a relaxing week! I don’t do yoga, but I do stretching exercises similar to them almost daily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually cook mine in the oven. It makes a lot less mess. Stretching exercises are a lot like yoga and give you similar results.

      Delete
  9. Oh those cooking instructions are hilarious. I agree though, the cooking lessons came at home not in school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it funny but yes, parents are responsible not just the schools.

      Delete
  10. haha.. those cooking instructions are hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cooking instructions for bacon? How funny. Now I want corn bread and chili.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Corn bread and chili is a staple at our house during the fall and winter. SO good.

      Delete
  12. I need to get back to yoga. I've broken my routine awhile back and haven't been able to get back into it. But, it is so helpful in many ways. Got a kick out of the bacon thing, lol. I like to cook mine in the microwave, so much less of a mess. We had an old time favorite for dinner last night, tuna noddle casserole. I think we've got enough for a repeat tonight. In our early married life we lived on it. Back when blue box mac n cheese was $.19 a box, toss in peas, and tuna and pop in the oven...cheap meal. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandy. Thanks for stopping by. Yoga is so helpful. I broke routine during 2020-2021 but am back to it now and feel so much better. I cook my bacon in the oven for the same reason. It makes it easier to clean up the mess. You have a good week as well.

      Delete
  13. Haaahaa the best way to cook bacon is in the oven! Just saying. And I was an adult when I learned that. Anniversaries of when we lost loved ones can be so hard. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was an adult when I learned to cook it in the oven also. It is SO much easier. It is hard when those types of anniversaries roll around.

      Delete