Pages

Sunday, October 9, 2022

My Weekly W's



Happy Sunday!  

What's top of my mind: The weather.  It's been absolutely perfect here.  We haven't had the air or the heat on for weeks.  Cold nights with warmish days keep the house at a comfortable temperature.  It was 29 degrees when I woke up this morning, but it was 67 in the house so not bad at all. I do often wonder why we had a fireplace in Florida but didn't get a house with one here though.

Where I've been: This week I had an eye appointment on Thursday.  I hadn't been in probably 4 years, so I'm not surprised I needed new glasses.  I picked a pair that I think are really cute and added the no glare option so I'm really looking forward to getting them. Friday, I stopped at the Farmers Market for possibly the last time this year and bought fresh veggies for the week. 

Where I'm going: Today I am going to run by the library to return books and pick up a couple new ones to read. Monday I have a dentist appointment for my 6-month cleaning. Saturday we plan to go to the Pumpkin Patch if the weather cooperates and it doesn't rain. So far, that is all that is planned.

What I'm watching: British Bake Off, Practical Magic, and I watched season two of Indian Matchmaking.  Thank you, Judee, (realfoodblogger.com) for mentioning this series, I really enjoyed watching it. 

What I'm reading: I finished The Oysterville Sewing Circle. That is the fourth book of Susan Wiggs that I've read and I really enjoyed them all.  

What I'm listening to: The big guy and Binx are still sleeping so it is very quiet here right now.

What I'm eating: 
Skillet chicken shawarma, rice and naan.  This is one of my favorite meals.


Veggie pasta, salad and garlic knots
Chili (from the freezer) and jalapeno poppers
BIG salad
Ham, cheese and veggie omelets with roasted red potatoes and toast
BLT with zucchini fries (probably the last BLT for the year) 
Tonight, is steak with sides to be determined 
I'm also enjoying my Fall favorite, Brach's candy corn with peanuts.




Who needs a good slap: Anna Sorokin.  In an interview that I watched she had the nerve to act like she was a victim.  I understand that people make mistakes but people that are only sorry because they get caught deserve 5 slaps.   

What I'm planning: I started my Fall cleaning list this week. So far, cleaning the oven has been completed.  I also want to plan a day trip or two for us to take before Christmas.

What's making me smile:  Every day I wake up brings a smile.

I hope everyone has a good day.



26 comments:

  1. That chicken dish looks wonderful. Sad that BLT season is ending, but you just can’t get good tomatoes at the store. Your days sound like mine: doctor appts and the library. I had to look up Sorokin. I must be behind on the news.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bijoux, it is a good chicken dish. I agree with you on the grocery store tomatoes. They literally have no taste. It's funny how much of a homebody I've become over the last few years. My younger self would have said that will never happen, but it did and I'm actually ok with it.

      Delete
  2. We are planning a trip to the cider mill this coming weekend now that the weather is cooler and the wasps are gone! They are such a nuisance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a fun trip. I hope you share lots of pictures. We usually have a lot of wasps but this year I did the paper bag trick and hung it by the patio and it seems to have really helped.

      Delete
  3. I have a chicken to roast so lots of ideas to use it up, but I've never made schwarma.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The skillet chicken shawarma recipe I use is SO good. The depth of flavor is amazing.

      Delete
  4. Where I live, the weather also has been perfect just until the last couple of days. If it's gotten down into the 20's here, it would suprise me. What does surprise me, though, is that you had a fireplace in Florida! I can't imagine it getting cold enough for it. But maybe it does. I do have a fireplace, but I tend not to fire it up unless I'm planning to have a fire that burns for days on end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does get cold enough even in SW Florida to use a Fireplace in December and January. We would make a small fire when we got home in the evening just to take the chill out of the air. We never used our heater. It wasn't something we were looking for in a house there but did find it a perk. I wish it had been on my radar when we were looking for a house here in Illinois.

      Delete
  5. I'll have to find that Anna Sorokin interview. I did watch the series on Netflix about her and found it fascinating (of course I'm sure a lot was embellished there). I like when one doesn't have to use their AC or their heater for a long time. It does save on the heating/cooling bills! We're still using our AC lol :) But it is cooling down here. Day trips are always fun to plan out and then go on. Have a good week ahead, Lori!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to remember who it was that interviewed her but I can't. I saw it sometime over the last week. I LOVE not having either on. It's nice to just air the house out. Day trips are fun and now with Binx our only option for a while. lol Have a great week Betty!!

      Delete
  6. I had forgotten about Sorokin after she went to Rikers. Just read up on her. Geez, what a head case. I hope she lost a lot of money with the recent downturn in crypto, and that she gets deported to Germany.

    Glad to see you had a good week. Hopefully this next one goes well, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they depart her also. She is quite a piece of work. I hope you're doing well.

      Delete
  7. are the peanuts honey-roasted or lightly salted?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are lightly salted. I also use spanish peanuts when I can find them.

      Delete
  8. Your chicken meal looks really good. My husband always loved candy corn. For a couple years, whenever I saw it, I would throw it in the cart out of habit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of my favorite chicken dishes. I can't even begin to imagine loosing a husband. Hugs to you.

      Delete
  9. We have only gone as low as 46 at night here which is cold enough for me. My husband would LOVE the shwarma, glad you are enjoying Indian Matchmaking, and glad you gave Anna Sorokin some extra slaps. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really did enjoy the series. Thanks again for mentioning it. Yes, Sorokin deserves a few slaps. Wishing you a great week as well.

      Delete
  10. I was watching Practical Magic just the other day, happened upon it when I was channel surfing. Didn't get to finish it though.
    Ugh Anna Sorkin. I hate these self entitled people who never accept blame and always tried to find excuses where their behavior.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Practical Magic is a cute movie. I think that is what bothers me so much about about Sorkin is she has not accepted blame for what she's done and is just a ball of excuses.

      Delete
  11. That Anna Sorokin is really something. Completely unrepentant and arrogant, and a certain recidivist. Just give her time. The weather is perfect here too, just slightly warmer than yours! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't she a piece of work? It's raining now but we haven't had any for over 3 weeks so we really need it. I think I heard this weekend will be chilly. Tis the season.

      Delete
  12. Thanks for sharing the chicken shawarma recipe a while back. It is sooo good!
    Hope you have fun at the pumpkin patch. I'll check out the author and the Practical Magic movie. Sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked it. It is one of my favorites. It looks like it will be a good day for the pumpkin patch with no rain. I had not read anything by Susan Wiggs until this summer and I have enjoyed reading her books. PM is a cute movie. Have a great day Kathy!

      Delete
  13. Ohhh the candy corn!

    Do you look to see where it is actually made? I have and don't want to eat it anymore. But hopefully, this is a good one and make in the USA.

    💛 🌟 💛 🌟 💛

    ReplyDelete