Pages

Sunday, April 9, 2023

My Weekly W's

Happy Easter to all that celebrate! 

What's top of my mind:  There is a lot going on at work and a lot of changes that are on my mind.  I am not surprised that they want to change my title and add more responsibilities, but I can't wrap my head around having to apply for it. It is just corporate policy I was told. What happens if I decide not to apply? Then they will say they are restructuring the department and I have to take it. Crazy!  I was just glad I had already decided to take a three-day weekend and relax.  I'll think about it all on Monday. Thursday was our 33rd Anniversary (how did that happen so quickly?) so we celebrated with an amazing dinner at La Fuente Mexican Restaurant.  It isn't a fancy place but their food is so fresh and so flavorful we always enjoy it.  We both left full but happy.  

Where I've been:  Other than work Monday thru Thursday, Friday morning I decided to do a bit of shopping.  I went to Lowes to get a few things for the yard and garden.  When did grass seed go from 25.00 a bag to 45.00?  Sometime over the past year I guess because I bought a bag last year.  

Where I'm going:  I have no appointments or plans so far.  

What I'm watching:  We watched the latest episode of Spring Baking Championship and I had Food Network on a bit while in the kitchen this week. It's more for background noise than actual watching. I have deliberately NOT watched any news other than the weather.

What I'm reading:  

"When Michelle Zauner, the Inie rock musician known as Japanese Breakfast, was in her mid-twenties, working as a waitress and struggling to launch her music career in Philadelphia, she got a call that her mother was ill.  She put her life on hold and flew home to Eugene, Oregon, to be with her mother through the final, excruciating months of her battle with cancer."
I'm halfway through the book and really love her writing and her thought process.  I know I got the recommendation from a blogger but I can't remember who.  If it was you, thank you.  This is a wonderful story.

What I'm listening to:  Birds chirping in the back yard by the feeders.  Spring and true spring weather is in full swing here.

What I'm eating:

Beef tips, mashed potatoes and salad
BIG salad 
Pasta and salad



Chicken with pinto beans and rice
Dinner out for Anniversary
Fried chicken sandwich and oven fries
Today we're having lamb chops, potato salad, deviled eggs and a small side salad

Who needs a good slap: I was washing dishes and looked out the window to see my back neighbor pick up his dog poo and chuck it over his fence into his next-door neighbor's yard.  5 BIG slaps to him!  I always thought he seemed shady.  I'm thankful we have a 6-foot easement between us and I have a 6-foot-high fence.  

What I'm planning:  Nothing at the moment.

What's making me smile:  I had a lot of smiles this week from friends and the big guy and for that I am always thankful.  But I have to say Binx makes me smile every day.  He is so curious, so smart and so energetic it has been a true joy watching him and all his firsts over the year. It's hard to believe he's already a year old.


Stay safe and have a wonderful Sunday!!

22 comments:

  1. Happy Easter! We are having pork roast, beef roast, garlic Parmesan sweet potatoes, Japanese zucchini and mushrooms, strawberry crunch salad and blueberry lemon tea bread. My son and his wife are joining us.

    That book does sound good. At first, I thought it was fiction but then saw memoir on the cover. Good luck at work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Easter Bijoux! Your meal sounds delicious. Yes, it is a memoir and I'm really enjoying her style of writing. Have a wonderful day with your family.

      Delete
  2. It's funny how corporations have rules which seem to make no sense to us! I hope the new title comes with a raise. Your neighbor has a lot of nerve and does deserve a good slap! - Happy 33rd! We sometimes choose down to earth restaurant with food we really enjoy over a fancy restaurant. Glad you enjoyed it. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been amazed at how different and backwards so many things coming down from corporate have been. I can handle change but chaos is something else. Yes, it will come with a raise since I'll be basically doing two jobs instead of one. Not sure I want to do it though. As long as a restaurant is clean and the food is delicious, I don't care how fancy it is either. Happy Easter to you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Easter! I'm always happy to see Binx pictures when you share them.

    Your work place reminds me of my old one. Did I ever tell you about the department where they were told they needed to write a two page essay on why they should keep their jobs? The results were used to purge the department with major cuts a few days after the due date.

    If I were the neighbor that received that poop on my back lawn, I'd chuck it back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello my friend! No you never mentioned that happening. That is horrible. It's sad because in 16 years I've watched the place go from a solid community based employer that was known for treating employees well to a corporation that couldn't care less.
      I still can't believe anyone would throw dog poo in their neighbor's yard but he did.

      Delete
  5. Now that the snow has melted I'm back to picking up other people's dogs' poop in my back garden too (I don't have a dog). I don't say anything because I otherwise have a good relationship with my neighbours but ....! I had to laugh the other day, though, as I had put some stale baguette into the bird feeder and next door's dog always manages to steal it if it falls out. Neighbour once asked me not to put bread out for the birds but to my mind it might be more appropriate to think about keeping your damn dog in your own yard no? Didn't say it of course as I quite like the dog but again, some people are just strange, aren't they!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The neighbor whose yard he chucked the poo into doesn't have a dog either and since his yard is fenced in I'm sure he'll be a bit surprised when he sees or walks through it. That is funny but crazy that your neighbor requested you not to put the bread out for the birds because of his dog. People just amaze me sometimes.

      Delete
  6. Happy Easter! Look at that pretty Binx!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Easter.
    That stinks how they are doing the new job at work. It's like they are pretty much saying you're taking it whether you want it or not.
    That was just plain wrong of your neighbor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that is exactly what they're saying and I don't like being cornered but I don't want to leave just yet either. So my hands are a bit tied.

      Delete
  8. Happy Belated Anniversary to you both. May you be blessed with many more. My favorite mexican restaurant is a simple place too, but the food & service are outstanding. Your neighbor deserves more slaps than that. How rude!!

    I need to catch up on Spring Baking Championship. I haven't watched much of it. I love watching those baking shows. I've been watching Duff since his Ace of Cakes days on tv. Are you sure Binx is a cat?...lol. He has so much character. I enjoy hearing about him. All our cat did was eat & sleep. I can't believe he's a year old already. It seemed like you just got him. Hope you & the big guy have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We enjoyed a nice, relaxing weekend.
      It's been a pretty good SBC season. The competitors are all really good. We have had a number of cats over the years and Binx is one of a kind. I've never met a cat so smart and curious and FULL of energy like him. We got lucky when we found him. I hope you have a wonderful week as well.

      Delete
  9. What a beautiful baby you have!!! That is nuts that you have to apply for a job you already have. Si what if they change things - it is still your job - you shouldn't have to worry. Sounds like you had a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We adore Binx. I'm so glad we rescued him. Corporate has really made things so difficult for everyone here. I'm not worried, I just honestly don't want to do two jobs. Time will tell. Have a great week Cheryl.

      Delete
  10. Binx is SO precious. I know your job situation will work itself out. And isn't going to a non-fancy restaurant and really enjoying every bite, better than paying too much for what you get at a fancy-schmancy place? Don't get me wrong; I love a meal at Ruth's Chris. But it's just too expensive and I have learned how to make a good steak, haha! At any rate, congratulations on your anniversary. We will celebrate 44 this June! It always amazes me to say those numbers. And I don't know about grass seed but our pool supplies have DOUBLED in price since last year. TG nearly fainted when he saw the price of shock ... aptly named, haaahaha! Happy spring, Lori! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Binx is awesome. Comfortable, relaxing restaurants are my favorite. Like you said I can cook pretty delicious food at home without spending a fortune. 44 years is awesome! It does seem unreal when you think about the time passing doesn't it. I think everything has doubled in price. It's crazy. Happy Spring to you and have a great week!!

      Delete
  11. I am looking forward to doing some planting this spring but I am dreading going to Lowes because I know the prices will be insane! Gardening is supposed to relieve stress, right?! I hear you about work. There are a lot of changes going on in my office as well. I keep telling myself "I'll deal with that tomorrow".... I just can't with the office politics. Happy Easter and Happy Anniversary! Your Mexican dinner sounded delicious!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Danielle. Yes, everything is Crazy expensive. I spent 100.00 on 4 things that usually cost 50.00. Ever since corporate became 51 percent, our work life has gone down on so many levels. It's actually sad. Wishing you a wonderful weekend as well!

      Delete