Pages

Sunday, October 10, 2021

My Week

Mother Nature is confused this year.  It does NOT feel anything like Fall here.  It's been 10-15 degrees above average all week.  Today is supposed to break a record at 87 degrees.  Needless to say, soup, chili and stews are going to have to wait a bit longer.  Next weekend does look like Fall may make an appearance with cooler temps. and I will welcome them with open arms.

The Birthday luncheon Friday at work was amazing.  Goat curry, chicken and rice.  SO delicious.  I made naan, hummus and black bottom cupcakes.  When we finished lunch we all needed a nap. I'm so glad I had already planned to leave a couple of hours early that day.

Friday night we ordered pizza because my kitchen turned in to a chocolate chip cookie factory.  The big guy was holding a testing Saturday and I agreed to make 80 cookies for the 40 students.  I stopped at Hobby Lobby and picked up a package of individual self sealing cookie bags.  For $1.50 for 50 bags you can't beat it.  Plus it makes it look more professional.  One person even asked where we bought the cookies.

This weekend I pulled out a number of Halloween decorations and my kitchen witch has been hung. She has been around for at least 20 years or more and  makes me smile every time I see her.


Dinners this week:

Fajita chicken, rice, roll ups
Sloppy Joes, oven fries
Chicken sausage, cabbage, potatoes
Egg rolls, rice
Pizza
BIG salad

Tonight we're having beef short ribs.


Picture with my hand to show how big these ribs are.  Local, grass fed beef is the best.  I will do a post this week showing what I make, how many meals we get from it and the cost per meal.  It isn't as expensive to eat local as some think. Not in our area any way.

We pulled out our collection of Halloween masks.  This is one I wore a couple of years ago with a solid brown t-shirt and brown leggings.  It was cute.  I won't be dressing up this year to hand out candy but I do have a number Halloween t-shirts to sport throughout the month.


Hope everyone has a fabulous week!

6 comments:

  1. Hmmm, my comment disappeared....

    I need a Kitchen Witch! All year long!

    How will you cook the short ribs? Crock Pot?

    Fun masks. But I'd not want to put a mask on, for any fun reason. All this *You Must Wear A Mask Here* stuff, has taken fun out of masks!!!

    πŸŽƒ 🍁 🍁 πŸŽƒ 🍁 🍁 πŸŽƒ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone needs a Kitchen Witch! I cooked them low and slow on the charcoal grill. They were delicious.

      Delete
  2. I miss making ribs. I keep meaning to dust off my Instant Pot...

    I wouldn't mind having a kitchen witch but I don't think I have a place to hang it that's not over a cooking or prepping surface.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love beef ribs. I'm sure you could find a place for a small Kitchen Witch.

      Delete
  3. long time decorations are the best, are they not?

    ReplyDelete