Pages

Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Wednesday W's

What's top of my mind: Routines.  Somehow in the last few years I have gotten out of a solid routine and I'm working hard to get that straightened out.  I'm really focusing this week and probably next to see just how I can best make use of my time and have the work/life balance that I used to have. My work schedule has me home by 2:30 every afternoon and I accrue quite a bit of PTO so this should be more than doable.

Where I've been: I went to the library this week to pick up two books that I requested.  Other than that I have been only to work and home so far this week.

Where I'm going: Saturday we are going to the pumpkin patch.  I want a few more pumpkins to finish off our front porch. We always carve one for Halloween but the others usually make it through Thanksgiving unless there is a deep freeze. I love having a festive and inviting front porch.

What I'm watching: I've been watching the new releases of Great British Baking Show which are always fun.  I also re-watched several episodes of The Chef Show on Netflix.  If you haven't watched this series you should.  Roy Choi and Jon Favreau visit many different chefs in a type of cooking travelogue. Their friendship started when Jon Favreau had Choi mentor him for his movie Chef. My favorite episode is when they visit Christina Tosi at Milk Bar.  She gives amazing tips on making your baking even better. If you don't have Netflix I think this series is also on You Tube.

What I'm reading: One of the books I picked up this week is Cooking As Fast As I Can by Cat Cora.  I've only  just started but I can tell it is going to be a pretty good read.

What I'm listening to: My inner voice.  It has been reminding me to embrace every single day and to celebrate each and every day.  It's so important not to get caught up in the mundane meaningless b.s. that seems to be increasing by the day here in the US.

What I'm eating:  Now that Fall weather has arrived my soup, stew and chili challenge has restarted.  A big bonus to this is I try to make freezer friendly varieties and the left overs on nights I want to save time on cooking are a big bonus. 

Who needs a good slap:  Blogger.  Typing this post out has been more difficult than it should be. 

What I am planning: This week, other than my schedule and my routine, I'm not planning anything.

What is making me smile:  The Full Harvest Moon.  I love the fall and winter months because the moon can easily be seen  coming up from most of our windows.  Then in the morning it is shining right outside my office window at work.  Last night and this morning the moon was amazing!

Hope everyone is staying safe and enjoying their week!!


10 comments:

  1. Listening to your inner voice. Yesssss!!!!

    Especially at this time, when all this B.S. is being broadcast at us, from every angle.

    Use the Freedom we still have, to say "Third finger of the right hand" to allllllllllllll the B.S.!!!!

    🍁 πŸŽƒ 🌰 πŸŽƒ 🍁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You had me laughing at 'third finger of the right hand'.

      Delete
  2. Blogger is so slow in down loading in some areas and then fine in others. It really does need a good slap. I wish I was as calm and organized as you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually don't have much trouble but typing this post was SLOW going.

      Delete
  3. Glad to see you're doing well. I'm with you on Blogger needing a slap. The last time I had a blog on there I remember having a huge spam problem in the comments that got way out of control. I don't miss that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Thank you, I hope you're doing well! No spam problems so far but there are a few other issues. Have a great day!!

      Delete
  4. October 21, 2021

    Lori, your comment today on my blog, was just sooo wonderful... So many people bemoan the fact that twilight comes earlier and earlier. Where I find it cozy. It's so nice, to hear of someone else, who is able to enjoy this Season we are coming into.

    πŸπŸ‚πŸ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do love this time of year. When the winter solstace comes I actually feel a little sad knowing the days begin to get longer.

      Delete
  5. Hi Lori,
    I found you over at Beside a Babbling Brook. When you commented that Winter is one of your favorite seasons, I had to come say Hi. I love what you shared about the moon peeking in your windows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello. Thank you for stopping by. I lived in SW Florida for over 20 years. Moving to a place with a 'real' winter has been very nice.

      Delete