Pages

Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Wednesday W's

Every week two of my favorite bloggers do their Wednesday W's and I really enjoy them so I thought I would start to tag along.  Sporeflections.wordpress and robzillanosd.wordpress I hope you don't mind me crashing the party.

What's top of my mind: My mother.  She has good days and she has really bad days. Dementia is such a cruel disease. I can't help but wonder if this too shall be my fate.

Where I've been: I actually went to a clothing store this week to buy some new pants.  Because of Covid you cannot try anything on at the store so when I got home I found out that all three pair of pants have to be returned because they are freakishly too long.  Now I'm worried if I'm shrinking.

Where I'm going: Besides returning the pants, nowhere but work.

What I'm watching:  The Great British Bake Off 's newest season.

What I'm reading: I'm still working on The Man Who Ate Everything.  It was a pretty rainy week last week and I noticed I didn't read as much since I couldn't go outside.  I need to remind myself to take the time to read even if it is inside. It's not like there aren't a dozen cozy places to curl up and read inside.

What I'm Listening to: Nothing much.  I enjoy the silence.

What I'm eating:  Friday we are having a luncheon for one of the doctors Birthdays.  It will be 'authentic" Indian fair made by one of the good doctors wives which I LOVE.  I am making the dessert.  I think I've settled on black bottom cupcakes.

Who needs a good slap:  Scammers.  I had a text message supposedly from Chase telling me my account needed validating.  It's sad that people do get caught in these traps. 

What I'm planning:  The big guy will be gone for most of the day Saturday so I am planning on having the house all to myself.  I have a number of projects I want to complete before the end of the month so this is perfect timing.

What's making me smile: All of my herbs and lettuces are still growing well so I will get another batch of pesto and more dried herbs before the end of the season.  

Play along in the comments and stay safe!!

7 comments:

  1. So sad about your mother.....

    My next door daughter in law's mother is showing signs of it. And her mother really had it. So, 2 in a row, in her family. Scary... But keep a positive attitude, plus, they may know more about preventing it, by the time you could get it.

    Gentle hugs
    πŸŽƒ 😊 🍁 🌰 🌻 πŸ‚ πŸŽƒ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I really don't worry about it much because frankly SO many other things could happen but it does cross my mind from time to time.

      Delete
  2. Yay! I'm glad to see you're also joining in the fun. I'm sure Spo will be pleased.

    Oh about the pants situation. I used to have mine hemmed, but Jo-Ann's sells double sided hemming tape. A roll is a few bucks, and all you need is measuring tape, an iron and an ironing board. It works great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy both of yours so much I wanted to join in. Thanks for the tip on the pants. I actually think I have a roll of that in my sewing cabinet. Have a great day!!

      Delete
  3. Jolly good fun!
    I usually make rounds on Sundays but I must pop by on Wednesday to compare lists.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I lead a dull life so don't expect too much.

      Delete