Pages

Sunday, October 24, 2021

My Week

 Happy Sunday!  How is it already the last week of October?  

This week I tested out a new routine and it went quite well.  By just adding a couple of things off my to do list to my weekday routine I was able to spend a lot more time this weekend just relaxing or working on other projects that I have going.  Just being mindful of my time made a big difference.  Friday I came home at 12 and I actually took a nap.  I NEVER take naps but it was gloomy and chilly and perfect for curling up in bed and taking a long one.

The weather here is like a roller coaster ride.  Cool, cold, warm, hot.  Our first frost date is October 15th and we have had none. Today it is supposed to get up to 80 and then storms bringing in a cold front.  Between 10pm and 6am tonight we have the potential for some severe weather which I don't care for.

I still have a lot of lettuce and herbs growing.  Today I am going to go out and pick most of it just in case we have high winds.  This Spring I planted my large rosemary plant in the yard.  It grew quite a bit this summer and looks really good.  I hope it makes it through the winter.  We are in the proper zone to have rosemary year round but with the crazy weather lately I hope we don't get an unusually cold winter.

Monday evening I made brownies.  I used the Ghiradelli cocoa, walnuts and a little flaky Maldon salt on top and they were so good.


Yesterday I made an apple pie.  I cheated and instead of making a top crust or doing the lattice work I used an apple cookie cutter to cute out dough for the top.  It worked well and filled out nicely after baking.  Sadly the big guy cut into it before I got a picture of the baked pie. Warm apple pie with vanilla ice cream is perfect for a fall dessert.


Dinners this week:

Chicken fajita with rice and a cheese, cilantro roll up.


Left over sloppy Joes, oven fries

Left over chili, cornbread

Bacon and waffles.  This is the same yeast waffle batter I've posted before.  I usually make them in the Belgian waffle maker but decided to use the regular one because these waffles freeze so well and can easily be reheated in the toaster.  We ended up with 8 for the freezer to enjoy throughout the next week or two.


Cod, scalloped potatoes and coleslaw

Beef sausage, mini penne pasta and salad. This was my favorite dish all week, it was that good.


Well, I'm off to start my day.  I'm making buttermilk pancakes for breakfast then heading outside before the rains come.

Have a great day and stay safe!



10 comments:

  1. Best of luck with the weather! Just read another blog, expecting bad weather. -sigh- Sun here, and seasonably cool.

    So great that your new plan is already working out. I'm sure you will tweak it, 'till it is perfect.

    Naps are underappreciated!!!!!!!

    And they are not hedonistic! Many very accomplished people, have had their restorative naps!!! -smile-

    I have always had one, in the afternoon. Even when raising our own children, and taking care of grand daughter. Train children... That mommy or nana _need_ their 1 hour nap. When they are little, they nap too. Beyond napping, they play quietly in their room.

    It can be done! -smile-

    Best of luck with the weather!!!! Let us know, how it goes, please.

    🍁🌰🌻🍂🎃🍂🌻🌰🍁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, naps are underappreciated. I have a few tweaks in mind for this coming week but yes, it went well.

      I will keep you posted on the weather. Hopefully we will not get all that they are predicting.

      Enjoy your Sunday!!

      Delete
  2. I hope the weather will be fine where you are. I'm getting rain tomorrow, which means I have to make a grocery run today so I don't get caught up in it on my normal shopping day.

    Naps are wonderful. I used to take one on my second 15 minute break at my old job. That would normally be at around 3pm. I still occasionally take them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Smart to shop today. I too hate shopping in the rain. I've read short naps are actually the most beneficial.

      Enjoy your Sunday!!

      Delete
  3. Oct. 25, 2021

    Re: Your comment in my blog...

    So glad the tornatoes did not hit you!!! We were watching The Weather Ch. coverage of the terrible weather, not knowing one of my Dear Readers was in danger. -sigh-

    Interesting that we are not the only ones, who are not giving out candy on Halloween any more.

    Love asking questions... The answers are sometimes surprising.

    🍁🌰🌻🍂🎃🍂🌻🌰🍁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually slept through it all. My husband stayed up to make sure everything was ok. Luckily no one was injured but the tornadoes did a lot of damage close by.
      Our town has a trunk or treat at one of the churches and a down town walk where the businesses give out candy. Many don't go door to door here anymore so this year we've decided not to do it.

      Delete
  4. Who doesn't love buttermilk pancakes! One of the simple pleasures of life! I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, buttermilk pancakes are pretty satisfying. Wishing you a great week as well.

      Delete