Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2022

My Weekly W's

The first week of March was very hectic at work. We have two new doctors joining our group so I spent two days doing orientation for them.  Two full days out of the week not doing my daily tasks really puts me behind. But I pulled it all together in the end.

The weather switched over Tuesday and we spent most of the week with highs in the 60's and 70's.  Another cold front is coming through today so now we're in a severe weather watch and tomorrow morning is supposed to be 29.  Crazy mother nature. 

What's top of my mind: STUFF!  Every year when I do a purge and spruce I find things to get rid of even though I bring very little in to the house anymore.  I realized this year that it really isn't about what I want to get rid of but more what I want to carry forward with  me in my current life and the future.  I have two large boxes already of stuff to go.  I typically donate but with what I've heard donation centers have raised the prices.  I may have a yard sale in May.  I could make a little cash and offer at rock bottom prices to someone that wants/needs something.  Of course I may just drop the boxes at Good Will too.  I need to think on this more.

Where I've been: One trip to the store and work were the only places I went this week.

Where I'm going: Other than work I have a dentist appointment on Tuesday and we have a birthday party on Saturday.  I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone and enjoying a few curried snacks.

What I'm watching: I really didn't watch anything this week.

What I'm reading: Nothing this week.

What I'm listening to: My inner voice.  I've always been a very grateful person.  I'm mindful and thankful for everything and everyone that comes my way.  It's not about stuff or money but about the basics.  Being able to take a hot shower and get into a nice clean bed and sleep peacefully. I'm very grateful for things like that.  Everyone should have that but they don't. 

What I'm eating:

Last Sunday I roasted a chicken and we enjoyed a typical Sunday dinner of chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans and rolls from my childhood.

I used some of the leftovers for BBQ chicken sandwich's, fries and coleslaw on Monday.
Eggrolls and rice.  I had 5 egg rolls that I made a couple weeks ago in the freezer.  I spritzed with avocado oil and cooked them in my Ninja.  They turned out crispy and delicious.  I'll write more about the Ninja 13 in 1 soon.  I'm really glad I bought it.


Sloppy Joes, fries and coleslaw
Spicey chicken chili and cornbread
Calzones and salad-SO good!

Big Salad
Tonight I'm making samosas and either rice or a salad 

Who needs a good slap

What I'm planning: This week should be a little more routine at work so I hope to get ahead on a number of things there.  At home I plan on continuing to purge and spruce keeping only the items that make our lives easier or better. 

What's making me smile: My clean and organized fridge, freezer, cabinets and pantry make smile. I'm thankful for having what we need and the knowledge of how to use it to keep us well fed and satisfied.

I hope everyone enjoys their Sunday and has a wonderful week!!




16 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see you survived the work week, and with great food on top of that. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You had a decent week yourself and I'm so glad. Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad to see others do the weekly W's. You made the most of that chicken.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did use every bit of it. Now I have four more bowls of soup in the freezer for when I need it.

      Delete
  3. I was really surprised when we went to Goodwill a year or so ago and saw that their prices had really jumped up a lot. I like to look for my non work tops at secondhand places rather than pay full price for them but was surprised to see the prices at Goodwill almost like what I would pay at Kohl's or Penny's for a brand new shirt. And buying books through them was expensive too. My thought is always price things cheaply and move them out. That's what I would do when I had yard sales. So I like your concept to have a yard sale with reasonable prices for people who really need the items. That's why I like to go to estate sales on the last day of the sale when they usually discount everything 50%.

    Yum on your last week's menu. All sounded delicious!

    I like what you are listening to. I think we all need to listen to our inner voice more and certainly I need to be more grateful for the "little" things of life that are not afforded to a lot of people. We truly are blessed living in this country though it does have its faults at times :)

    May your week ahead be a great one!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been inside Goodwill in years, but I keep hearing how much they've gone up. I don't think that is right. People donate so that people that need/want something can get it. Why pay the same at Goodwill as you would to get it new? I've only had one yard sale and while it went well it wasn't something I thought I wanted to do again but I may after all.

      Yes, I try to remind myself to quiet my mind and think about all that I have to be thankful for. It really puts things in prospective.

      Enjoy your Sunday Betty!

      Delete
  4. I want unused items gone. And yet, I look around, and they are everywhere, and becoming overwhelming. Not a good way to live!

    A nice thought is that with the going of winter and the coming of nice weather, I will find the *umph* to deal with this situation, at least, a little at a time.

    Hope....

    -sigh-

    Hope........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes a little at a time works. I think my long winter hibernation always prepares me for my Spring cleaning.

      Delete
  5. Hi Lori. I'm sorry things have been so busy this week for you too! I'm sure glad I did my deep cleaning when I did last month. A yard sale sounds like a good idea. I don't like doing them either but the thrift shops are so outrageous these days. If you are on Facebook you can post things on the Buy Nothing group. It's one reason I wish I was on Facebook. I usually put things at the curb with a free sign and hope people who can use the things I put out are the ones who take them. Your meals look and sound delicious as always. Good luck at the dentist Tuesday and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Martha. We've put a number of large items at the end of the drive way and it's amazing how quickly they get picked up. I hope work slows down for you soon.
      Have a wonderful week!!

      Delete
  6. Happiness is a good clean fridge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! You are singing my song with a clean, organized refrigerator! Have a cozy evening, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chicken base dishes are always better! Very nice blogsite. Thank you for providing this site. Greetings.

    ReplyDelete