Pages

Sunday, March 13, 2022

My Weekly W's

It was a cold week temperature wise here.  Friday and Saturday were brutally cold.  All of the snow we were predicted to get went about 30 miles south of us.  I was actually looking forward to one more snow in but that didn't happen.  Starting today the temperatures are on the rise.  Hibernation season is officially over until November.

What's top of my mind: Time. I work Monday through Friday until 2:30pm so that gives me 6.5 hours every day of free time.  I want to make the most of this time and use it wisely so I'm going to be paying more attention to what I do during this part of the day and make any tweaks necessary.   

Where I've been: Went to work Monday -Thursday. Tuesday I went for my dental cleaning  and got an all is well report which is always welcome.  I picked up a bit of dairy and veggies from the store then went to get a new door mat and a few things for the front porch to get ready for spring and summer. We went to a birthday party yesterday and I of course enjoyed the Indian food maybe a little too much.

Where I'm going: The only plans so far are work and a wedding reception on Saturday.  They were actually married in December but because of high Covid numbers then they planned the reception for this weekend.

What I'm watching: I found a channel on Pluto that has Julia Child's show on 24/7 so I watched a few of those while I was cleaning and cooking this week.  I'm also looking forward to watching the new show tomorrow The Julia Child Challange.  It looks like it will be fun.

What I'm reading: This explains a lot this week.  EarthSky | Sun news: Big CME direct hit expected. Aurora alert!

What I'm listening to: As I type this I'm listening to the news.  I probably need to switch the station.

What I'm eating:

Beef tacos and rice.  I can't tell you when the last time was that we had tacos.


Lasagna roll ups and salad


BIG salad

Meatball pizza pie.  SO good.


Chicken, asparagus and mashed potatoes

Left over chicken, jalapeno poppers and BIG salad



Who needs a good slap: The Illinois politicians that have not put an end to changing the time every year.  It is ridiculous to put our bodies through this every Fall and Spring.  Only the government would think you could cut an inch off a blanket and stitch it to the top and make it longer.

What I'm planning: I'm still working on my cleaning and sprucing and probably will be for at least a couple more weeks.  I am aiming for lighter and brighter heading into Spring.  

What's making me smile: One of the doctors I used to work with has gone to Ukraine to provide medical help to the people there and another has gone to Poland to provide medical help and aid to the refugees entering the country.  People doing things like this REALLY make me smile.

I hope everyone enjoys their Sunday and has a fabulous week!!

14 comments:

  1. Oh wow, those lasagna roll ups and that meatball pie look so delicious! So do the other food items on your menu this past week! Do you have recipes for the lasagna roll ups and the meatball pie? That is sweet about your doctors going to help those in need in Ukraine and Poland. That is a labor of love and great sacrifice I do believe! So true about trying to make sure we use our time away from work to the best potential. I realize I spend a lot of unnecessary time mindlessly scrolling through Facebook. I've been trying to break that habit and pick up a book instead. Hoping it warms up soon for you! I can't believe spring is around the corner. This year is flying by so fast! Have fun at the wedding reception! I'm glad the couple is having one. I hope they live it up to the fullest at it!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Betty. Thank you for the compliment. Yes, I will share the two recipes later today or sometime this week. I don't go on Facebook very often and don't even check blogs in the evenings, but I do manage to find other ways to waste time. We've been playing a lot of cards and board games lately but that is NOT a waste of time.
      It is supposed to warm up this week even though we could still have cold weather off and on for the next two months.
      I'm excited for the young couple and am looking forward to celebrating with them.
      Have a great week!

      Delete
  2. Your food always looks so good. I'm not a DLS fan either and will be off kilter for the whole week or longer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sam. DLS really throws me off too. I set our clocks yesterday afternoon thinking it might help a little. I didn't.

      Delete
  3. Those lasagna roll ups sound delicious, and it's only 8am over here. Oh, I mean 9am. Whoops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so good and super easy. I'll post the recipe this week. I'm going to be a little off for a week.

      Delete
  4. AS usual everything looks so good.!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, my friend. Your food always looks so good. And I am with you. I cannot watch the news anymore for an extended period of time. But hearing about the amazing people going to do good work does bring joy to such a dismal situation. I am happy to see spring, but not quite sure I am ready to let go of hibernation season. I love that you call it that! I am totally stealing that! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Billie Jo! It is always hard for me to pull myself out of hibernation season but time moves on and we have to as well. Yes seeing and hearing about the helpers in a crisis always brings me hope. Steal away my friend!

      Delete
  6. UGH I despise Daylight Savings Time and it is so pointless! Every year on "spring forward" Sunday I rant and rave, and then do it again on "fall back" Sunday because oh how I hate hate hate the early dark! Like you say: Why put your body through that? It is proven that less light is unhealthy for the mental state! Anyway ... WOW the lasagna rollups look divine, like all of your food always does. Congratulations on your dental report card! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenny! Playing games with the time hopefully will stop soon. Our state voted for it to stop 4 years ago but it got dropped somehow. Go figure. The lasagna rollups are good. Have a great rest of the week!!

      Delete