Pages

Friday, March 11, 2022

Things That Make Me Smile



 I've always loved this quote and well, I love cake too!  I made this banana cake yesterday and it is SO good. The recipe was given to me years ago from my friend Betty.

Banana Cake

2 Egg Yolks
1/2 Cup Butter softened
2 Cups of Sugar
1 Cup of Buttermilk
4 Ripe Bananas cut up
2 Cups of Flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 Egg Whites beaten

Mix egg yolks, butter and sugar with mixer.  Slowly add buttermilk and then the bananas.  Sift in flour, salt and soda.  Combine well.  Fold in 2 beaten egg whites.

Bake in 13x9 inch buttered and floured pan at 350 degrees for about 40 to 45 minutes.

Frosting

8 oz Cream Cheese
1/4 Cup of Milk
1 to 1/2 Cups Powdered Sugar
Combine all ingredients adding milk or sugar depending on desired consistency.  I made it a little on the thin side to smoothly and evenly cover the cake.

I hope everyone is having a good Friday and enjoys the weekend!!

14 comments:

  1. Oh yum...

    But I am trying to cut back on consuming of sugar. To cut back on inflammation.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have much of a sweet tooth but every now and then I love cake.
      Have you research Zyflamend? I've been taking it for a few years, and it really helps me. The ingredient list is not scary like some.

      Delete
  2. That looks so good. I don't have any bananas right now, but I am going to run to the store for avocados and large tomatoes. SO I am going to look for overripe bananas. Also used up the cream cheese.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I had some cream cheese that was getting close to exp. date which is the main reason I made it.
      It's a really good recipe.

      Delete
  3. I always think of my father in law. He loved cake, but needed coffee to go with it. On a sweltering June afternoon, I made him coffee to go with my son's graduation cake. No one else drank a bit. He loved his cake and coffee. Good memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are good memories Sam and he sounds like my husband. He always wants coffee with his cake regardless of the weather.

      Delete
  4. I like that quote and I do agree! Yum with your cake! Last cake we made was a rum cake at Christmas. My favorite cake is white with white frosting in case you want to make me one some time lol. Have a great weekend!

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all need to celebrate each day a little more. I love rum cake and I'm sure it was delicious.
      Enjoy your weekend as well Betty!!

      Delete
  5. Wow that is quite a recipe and I will be copying it and adding it to my file! I love banana anything, and CAKE? Well yes please!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to work with Betty and she brought this cake one day to share. I had to have the recipe and now make it once or twice a year. It's very good. I'm sure you'll love it.

      Delete
  6. That looks delicious! I can see cream cheese frosting on banana bread. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cake always hits the spot, and that one looks dee-lish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Wish I could share a slice with you! Enjoy your wekend!

      Delete