Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2022

My Weekly W's

Happy 1st day of Spring!!  I have to admit this winter while cold, was a lot brighter and sunnier than it usually is and that made it more bearable.  This week was beautiful with bright blue skies and sunshine.  Temps were in the low 70's.  Friday did bring rain in the evening and a little cooler temp but all and all it was a wonderful move towards Spring.  We made it all week with the heat off at home and the flannel sheets are coming off today.  Woo Hoo!


What's top of my mind: Celebrating each and every day has always been on my mind but even more so with all of the turmoil going on in the world.  We are given this one life and I am determined to make the most of it. I see too many people wrapped up in things that really don't matter and end up existing instead of living.  I don't want that for myself or my loved ones. Rule your day or it will rule you!!

Where I've been: This week besides work, I went to pick up a couple of new outfits.  Saturday we went to a wedding reception.  It was very nice and we had a really good time.  It was catered by the VFW which in this town is famous for it's amazing fried chicken, mashed potatoes, corn, salad and garlic knots.  It was delicious.  One thing they did that I thought was so cute was they bought a really nice dark wood Jenga set and had a silver Sharpie for married couples to write advice on each piece.  That will be something they will really enjoy for years.

Where I'm going: Other than work I will probably pick up a few groceries and household items and we will be doing some work outside in the garden.  I'm also thinking it's time for a short road trip to Firefly Grill for a nice Sunday brunch. I really miss having a local place for breakfast.

What I'm watching: I started watching the Julia Child Challenge this week which is pretty good.  I also watched a movie on Hallmark Channel, A Taste of Summer.  It was a cute movie.

What I'm reading: I read a really good article about the moon phases and how they affect each of us.  My maternal grandparents did everything by the moon.  For years I've gardened by the moon calendar so this was right up my alley.

What I'm listening to: I'm trying to tune most things out and just enjoy silence whenever I can.

What I'm eating:

Taco quesadillas and salad. I took flour tortillas and put a thin layer of cream cheese.  Added shredded cheddar, cilantro, left over taco meat and salsa.  So quick and so yummy.


Left Over Calzones and salad
Chicken Veggie Eggrolls and rice
BIG salad
Grilled chicken breast with black beans and rice.  It was nice to fire up the grill again.


Nacho chicken legs with chips and salsa.  I made this a few years ago for the first time for the big guy and he loves it.  According to him I do not make it enough. I'll share the recipe later this week.  It's a good way to use up the crushed tortilla chips at the end of the bag.


What I'm planning: I'm continuing to really pay attention to how I'm spending my time.  We're all given the same 24 hours a day and I am trying to spend mine as wisely as I can and have a good balance in my life of work, fun and relaxation.

What's making me smile: The big guy had the local detailer come by yesterday and clean the inside and outside of my Jeep.  After a long winter it needed some love.  It looks so good now. It's all ready for a road trip.

Wishing everyone a wonderful week!!

14 comments:

  1. I'm going to give my porch a clean, wash the chair cushions too. We've got weeks before real spring but just sitting outside here and then will be a start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I spruced our front porch last weekend and will be doing our back porch this week. It's always such a good feeling to have things tidied up.

      Delete
  2. Now that I'm over my cold, I'm looking forward to getting back into my normal routine again. I'm glad you had a great week, and hopefully this coming one is better too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you're over your cold. I hope everything is going well for you. You've handled a rough couple of weeks very well my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh would you please give me the link to the Moon Phases article???? I know I will love it. Please and thank you.

    A Reception! What a fun happening. Yesss...

    Rule your day! Oh yessssssssssssssssssss!!!

    And the quote I found....

    "Whether it is the best of times
    or the worst of times,
    it is all the time we've got."
    🎻💛🎻💛🎻💛🎻💛🎻💛🎻

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just visited and saw your quote today. It is exactly what we all need to remember. I'm going to jot it down in my journal. Yes, I will email you the article. Have a great Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Jewish calendar is moon based. I found it interesting when I read some articles about it. Glad your weather was pleasant enough to have the heat off! I always seem to take the quilts off the bed too soon, lol. I'll take them off and then we get a cold spell again :) I like the Jenga idea at the wedding reception. So cute and you are right, they'll enjoy it over the years! Yum on that quesadilla! I love simple meals like that. I so agree about being mindful of using time well. I'm trying to break the habit of just scrolling through Facebook and I've actually set goals to read so many pages of books per day to keep me off of Facebook or other time wasting things.

    Hope your week ahead is a good one!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Learning the moon phases and what they bring is fascinating to me. I thought the Jenga idea was a really good one too. I like easy meals and the quesadilla was tasty.
      It's interesting to see when you are really focusing where you are wasting time.
      I hope you have a great week. I'm sure it'll be a little better now. :-)

      Delete
  7. Hello! I can't wait for the recipe! Looks delicious. I also love the Jenga idea for a wedding reception. I would love to read that article too. I was just speaking with the nurse at my mother's assisted living home and she told me that she notices all the residents with Alzheimer's are affected by the full moon! Have a cozy day, my friend! Oh! And I didn't know you had a Jeep! Me too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will post a link to the article sometime this week along with the recipe for Nacho chicken. It's tasty.
      I've always gardened by the moon phase but never really dug any deeper into it until now. It is fascinating.
      Yes, I love my Jeep!!
      Have a great week!

      Delete
  8. Everything looks so good, my friend. It is nice to see what you are up to. I am up to not allowing myself to get crazy. Oh too late:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You had a very busy weekend. It made me tired just looking at all you did.

      Delete
  9. Your meals look scrumptious Lori and isn't a clean car just the most marvelous thing? I do believe that clean cars run better than dirty ones. And I wholeheartedly agree: This is NOT a dress rehearsal! It's the real thing and there's only one. Carpe diem xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES, a clean car is marvelous Jenny. This is our one shot at life and I want it to be as magical as possible.

      Delete