Pages

Sunday, September 4, 2022

My Weekly W's

What's top of my mind: We've already lost 4 long term physicians this year and now 3 more are leaving by the end of the year.  Personally, this breaks my heart to lose people that are part of this community and have become family but I understand.  Administration has been made aware of their various issues for 2 years now and no changes have been made. This seems to be the situation all across the board in the work force now.

Where I've been:  Friday I went to the Farmers Market and then went to Hobby Lobby and Newells in search of a few Fall/Halloween decorations. Saturday the big guy and I went to Firefly for lunch and had a wonderful time.  The chicken was delicious!!


Where I'm going:  No plans or appointments this week except for working Tuesday thru Friday and I'm fine with that. 

What I'm watching:  I watched a couple of episodes of the Junior Bake Off on Netflix.  It's the same tent and format as The Great British Bake Off but different judges.  It's just amazing to see kids produce such beautiful desserts.  So much talent.  I'm also watching Binx grow before our very eyes.  He turned 6 months old this week.



What I'm reading:  The Boys by Ron and Clint Howard.  

What I'm listening to:  A heavy thunderstorm.  We had plans on working outside today but I don't think that is going to happen.

What I'm eating: 
BLT's a zucchini chips
Pesto chicken pasta, salad and garlic bread
Honey mustard ham, red potatoes and tomatoes
LO Sloppy joes and oven 'fries'
Grits and eggs
Firefly
I made a batch of dill pickles and they are so good.




Who needs a good slap:  The semi driver that first almost ran us off the road yesterday and then rode WAY to close to a group of motorcycles.  Did I mention it was raining?  It was a bit scary how fast and reckless he was driving.

What I'm planning:  Since it's raining, I guess I will do a bit of baking and a few things inside today.  I'm keeping the next two days simple and relaxing.

What's making me smile:  My maternal Grandfather took home movies all through his life.  A number of years ago my Mom had a VHS tape made for me with some of the footage of me as a child, a bit of her childhood days and a few of the trips and miscellaneous things on his movies.  I had plannned on getting made into a DVD tape but it was one of those things that seemed to never get done.  Friday the Big Guy surprised me with the DVD.  Best. Gift. Ever!!

Happy Labor Day weekend to those that celebrate.  Stay safe everyone!!

14 comments:

  1. Look how sweet Binx is! Great gift idea from your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he is so sweet but a little wild too. Best gift ever!

      Delete
  2. Binx is so adorable! That was such a thoughtful gift from your husband, Lori! I bet you will treasure it always! Oh wow with the weather; too bad that it is a holiday weekend with the rain! We are having a heatwave (but doesn't Phoenix always have a heatwave in summer, lol?) Wow with that semi truck driver! I don't know why people think they can get away with driving like that. It will catch up to them sometime and probably they'll end up hurting/killing someone else :( I hope you have a nice relaxing rest of your weekend! That is a shame though about all the doctors leaving. Is the practice getting enough doctors to replace those that are leaving?

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Binx is something else. I just can't believe he's already 6 months old.
      It was the most thoughtful gift ever. It is so nice to watch and see everyone so young.
      I'm sure your weather is similar to what we had in Florida. You probably don't get a break until sometime in November.
      The semi driver was out of control going close to 80 mph and weaving a lot and riding way too close. It was scary.
      We have hired two doctors so far but they will not be living in the community and will probably leave as soon as their Visa allows. We are the only group in the entire system that has our own employed physicians. All others have contracted it out to basically a staffing company that takes over all operations. I'm betting that by the first of the year that is what will happen to us.
      I am ready for a day at home inside so the rain is welcome here. I hope you have a wonderful weekend Betty.

      Delete
  3. I was surprised to read Hobby Lobby has Halloween things - did I read this right? I thought they would not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they have a huge selection of Halloween items.

      Delete
  4. What a wonderful gift. My father always took home movies. Years ago a friend of his put them on VHS but unfortunately that tape was damaged and the original 8 mm movies were in my brothers house when it burned down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that is so sad. I've been wanting to get it on DVD because I was worried about the VHS tape not lasting. I'm so sorry you lost those.

      Delete
  5. I want al those pickles! Yum. Binx is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE pickles too Sam! Yes, Binx is a cutie.

      Delete
  6. I'm sorry to hear your workplace is going through things like mine is. I'll have an update sometime tomorrow.

    Tell Binx I said hello!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think workplaces like ours are more common than not. Unfortunately.
      I'll check in today. I hope it's a good update.
      I will give Binx a hug for you.

      Delete
  7. Oh those old movie clips on DVD are just priceless. What a special gift. And to be inside and baking on a rainy day? YES please! I love homemade pickles! Binx is so darling! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The DVD is priceless. Yes rainy days call for baking at our house. Binx is a handful at times but so worth it.

      Delete