Pages

Monday, September 5, 2022

Peanut Butter Blossoms

 



Yesterday was a rainy day so I took the time to make a batch of cookies.  I haven't seen Brach's chocolate stars in many years, so I was a bit excited when I found them.  My paternal Grandmother used to always pop a big bowl of buttery popcorn and drop a few of these in.  Chocolate and salt are a flavor I love to this day. This is not the 'best' chocolate that is available but when you turn them into these cookies, they have a lot of flavor.  Their shape and size also make eating and storing easier than using Hershey Kisses.  

1 3/4 cup of flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 stick of butter room temperature
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tbs. milk
1 tsp. vanilla

Sift together flour, baking soda and salt.  Set aside.  Cream together butter, peanut butter, and both sugars.  Add egg, milk and vanilla and beat until well blended. Gradually add flour mixture, mixing thoroughly.

Roll dough into approximately 1-inch balls.  Roll in sugar and place on a cookie sheet.

Bake at 375 for 8-9 minutes until a very light brown and puffed.  Remove from oven, place the chocolate in the center of each cookie then remove from pan onto a cooling rack.

Enjoy!!



20 comments:

  1. I would use the stars in a heartbeat instead of kisses for the prettiness, nostalgia, and storage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've made those peanut butter kiss cookies a hundred time and never thought to use the Brach's stars! Thanks for sharing! That's a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. They look cute with the stars and are easier to eat and store.

      Delete
  3. I don't think I've seen the Brach stars here in our stores. I'll have to look for them. The cookies look delicious though! Enjoy your day off from work, Lori!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen them in years. I was in the baking isle by the chocolate chips and found these. I hope you're enjoying your day also Betty!!

      Delete
  4. Wow! I remember those stars but also haven't seen them in years. Your cookies look delicious and I like the chocolate and salt combination too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. They are tasty. I found them in the baking section. I haven't seen them in years either.

      Delete
  5. Those look amazing, and I don't recall the last time I saw Brach's stars on the shelves. I'll have to keep an eye out for them next time I shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found them in the baking section by the chocolate chips. I can't tell you the last time I saw them in the store and was surprised.

      Delete
  6. I don't think I've ever seen those Brach's stars before. They are perfect for those cookies though. Sounds pretty delicious in a bowl of popcorn too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were popular when I was a kid in the 70's but I haven't seen them since.

      Delete
  7. OH dear Lori, these look wonderful! And yes, Brach's chocolate stars are not something you see every day. Sounds like you had a pretty great and fun-loving grandma! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was blessed with 2 amazing Grandma's. Both so very different yet SO much love.

      Delete
  8. This is one of my favorite cookies, however I will eat the whole batch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't seen those stars in ages! That was a good idea to substitute them for the kisses. PB and chocolate is the best combination!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't either. I agree, PB and chocolate is awesome!

      Delete
  10. I recognize these! I don't believe I've ever made any myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With that new mixer of yours you could whip them up in no time.

      Delete