Pages

Sunday, September 18, 2022

My Weekly W's

What's top of my mind:  I'm a list maker and a planner but sometimes I get way ahead of myself.  While I'll still plan for the future, I'm trying to put today on the top of my mind. Like they say, it really is all we have.  Today I am going to clean up the flower beds, and the pots on the back patio.  I plan on finishing the book I'm reading, pay a few bills and I'm going to bake a loaf of bread and a pumpkin pie.  I have been craving one and there is no way I can wait until Thanksgiving.

Where I've been: I made a trip to Joannes to pick up a few more Fall decorations and a few Christmas items. Found the perfect Halloween door sign for the front door.  Last night we met Dr. J for dinner at a new Mexican Restaurant in town.  He is the doctor that left for Florida a few months ago.  He came back to work a week and catch up with us all.  I've missed him so much.



Where I'm going:  We're having dinner at our local Italian place on Wednesday.  Other than that, and work all week, I have no plans yet.

What I'm watching: We finally watched the finale of Master Chef.  It was good but I was sad that my fellow SW Floridian Derrik Fox didn't make it.  He is so talented.

What I'm reading:  I finished The Lost and Found Bookshop and give it a 10/10.  I'm almost finished with The Beekeepers Ball.  I'm enjoying it as well.

What I'm listening to:  Right now it is blissfully quiet in the house and I'm loving it.

What I'm eating:

Fried Chicken sandwich with zucchini fries
Veg pasta, salad and garlic knots


Big salad with cheese roll up
Chili and cream cheese, pepper jelly wontons


Thai chicken, veg noodle bowl
BLT with chips and dip
Tonight I'm grilling a steak for myself and wings for the big guy.  I'll also throw on a couple potatoes and have loaded 'baked' potatoes, Texas toast and slice a couple of tomatoes.

Who needs a good slap:  Mother Nature.  I've lived here long enough to know it can get pretty warm for quite a bit longer but teasing me with lows in the 50's and highs in the 80's for over a week and then hitting us with heat and humidity again is just rude.  I give her one slap.  We all know she's fickle.

What I'm planning:  I have dinner planned for Halloween night and Thanksgiving.  I want something different yet special for Christmas so it's still up in the air.

What's making me smile: 


Binx of course.

I hope everyone has a lovely Sunday and a fantastic week.

30 comments:

  1. Binx is so cute! I hear my son/family are thinking of getting a cat. They showed me a video of him. He is a cutie. I'm sure I'll have to share a picture of him down the road when he comes home to them. I'm also sure Winslow won't be meeting him as he is not fond of cats (sorry Binx). I'll have to check out the two books you mentioned, Lori, I have not heard of them. Have you shared before the recipe for the veg pasta? It looks good! That is great you are thinking ahead and have a menu for Halloween and Thanksgiving already! Enjoy your Sunday; sounds like you have a lot of great things planned for it! Have a great week ahead too!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh please be sure and share pictures if they do get the cat. I'd love to see it. I don't blame Winslow; a lot of cats are pretty mean to dogs. Not all though.
      The two books are from Susan Wiggs. This is the third of hers I've read in a row and I'm loving them all so far.
      For the veg pasta sauce I just kind of use what I have on hand. For this one I cut up baby portabella mushrooms, onion, green pepper and a small zucchini and you can use either a jar of pasta sauce or a simple homemade recipe. It's very good.
      I hope you have a great Sunday and a nice week.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you had a great week, and those wontons look yummy. I hope this upcoming week treats you well, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your Birthday week was spectacular! I love using wonton or eggroll wrappers for different things. Have a great week!!

      Delete
  3. Love the Hocus Pocus sign. The pasta salad looks so fresh. I'm making a tin of sauce today with tomatoes from my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was cute too. Enjoy the sauce. Fresh veggies make all the difference.

      Delete
  4. Wow on having holiday meals planned in advance. I’m lucky to do it the week beforehand.
    It’s Sunday, so in our house, that means it’s Big Salad Sunday for dinner (mixed greens,veggies including our home grown cucumbers and tomatoes, grilled chicken and cheese today).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a list maker and honestly our Thanksgiving is always pretty much the same. lol
      I LOVE a Big Salad. Enjoy yours.

      Delete
  5. I am mad-jealous about the local Italian place. I would be there regularly if I had one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been there for awhile and was OK, now it has new owners and it is delicious. We're making an effort to go once a month.

      Delete
  6. What you're eating looks absolutley delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at all that yummy food. I agree, while I love planning for tomorrow we need to remember about today as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes, I'll always be a planner and a list maker but my focus needs to be on right now.

      Delete
  8. Love Binx. Such a cutie. You know I have always wanted a red front door. I might just put this on my want list. Your food looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim. I love it. It was painted by a local auto body shop. That paint is not going anywhere.
      Binx is a cutie but he has SO much energy.

      Delete
  9. Awwwwwww, sweet Binx! That pepper jelly looks so good. I love pepper jelly on cream cheese, spread onto a cracker at Christmastime. I chuckled when you said there's no way you can wait until Thanksgiving for some pumpkin pie. Good job, living in the present. It's super-hot here too, again, after a brief reprieve. Like August 2.0! I love a blissfully quiet house too. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenny. Binx is sweet but oh so full of energy and a bit of biter which we are working on. Pepper jelly with cream cheese is heaven to me. I made the pumpkin pie and I have been eating it with great joy. Today is a record high of 98 degrees and then Friday morning it is supposed to be 46 degrees. BIG changes coming.

      Delete
    2. Audrey and Dagny had to get rid of their tuxie cat, Wednesday, because of Dagny's allergies. But I don't think they were sorry, because Wednesday was a major biter. I mean, she would literally attack Audrey without provocation. My tuxie, Sweetness, is aptly named because she is just like sugar on four legs. But last night, she bit me twice! Gently. I read that it's one of the ways cats convey that they love you. Haaahaha xoxo

      Delete
    3. Oh sorry to hear about Wednesday but understand about the allergies. Binx is slowly getting better with the biting. If what you read is true Binx is head over heals in love with me. lol

      Delete
  10. After reading this you have put me in a holiday mood! Now I am craving Thanksgiving dinner and pumpkin pie! I need start holiday planning soon. I love your Hocus Pocus sign and Binx is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't wait for the pie. The craving was real and SO good. lol

      Delete
  11. Lori...I see your comments all around blogland and decided to stop by and say hello. Finally, someone who enjoys Halloween I see! Me too. I'm decorating the abode for the day.
    🎃😊🎃

    I'll take any leftovers....your fries, I don't believe I've had them before. Tasty?!! Glad I dropped in ( love the kitty...ours Is Isaiah - a lynx point). If you have time, come say hello.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello. Thanks for stopping by. I do enjoy fall and Halloween. Zucchini 'fries' are delicious. I just slice and do a flour, egg and breadcrumb dredge and then place on a sheet pan and cook in the oven. SO good.

      Delete
    2. Let me know how you like them. We dip in either ketchup or ranch. Tasty.

      Delete
  12. Nice door decoation. Zuchini fries sound good, am wondering how you make those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandy. I cut the zucchini into strips or chips then dredge in flour, egg then breadcrumbs. I either bake them in a 350 degree oven for about 20-25 minutes or the air fryer. We dip them in either ranch or ketchup or just eat them plain with a grating of parm on top. They are very good.

      Delete
  13. Cute door sign! The foodl all looks and sounds delicious! Yes, I agree the Mother Nature deserves a slap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeanette. Mother Nature's gone a bit batty here. High's in the high 90's one day and 46 the next morning. lol

      Delete