Pages

Sunday, December 18, 2022

My Weekly W's

What's top of my mind:

I remind myself of this daily.

Where I've been: I worked Monday thru Friday and am happy with what I was able to get done to prepare for being off 10 days between Christmas and NY.  We went to Target and the grocery store for a few things yesterday and had a nice lunch at Drakes in O'Fallon.  I can't remember going anywhere else.

Where I'm going: This is the last work week of the year.  Thursday we're doing lunch together to celebrate.  I also have a dentist appointment this week.  Other than that, I don't plan on going anywhere else if I can help it.

What I'm watching: I watched a couple of cute Christmas movies this week. Also a few Christmas baking shows.

What I'm reading: I did read a bit of Miss Cecily's Recipes for Exceptional Ladies yesterday while riding to O'Fallon.  It's taking me forever.   Not that it isn't a good book, I've just been doing other things instead of picking it up and reading.

What I'm listening to:  Nothing in particular.

What I'm eating:  
Bacon, veggie and cheese omelet with toast and home fries
Cheeseburger and oven fries
Indian spiced meatballs, rice and naan
Fried chicken, mac and cheese and a salad
Beef and noodles, bread  (This was the best meal.  It was so tender and flavorful)
Grits and egg for the big guy.  I was still full from lunch.

Who needs a good slap:  On hold but will resume after NY

What I'm planning: Everything for the near future is pretty well planned out so not much to think about this week.

What's making me smile:  This gorgeous gift from a coworker This was at work when it was delivered. I need to take a picture with the candle in it here at home. So pretty.



22 comments:

  1. I too have a dentist appointment. I feel I'm going to work more than originally planned between Christmas and NY. People are not getting what I need them to get done and I'll be reviewing because they'll aim to finish before their vacations. I'm quite frustrated that two people haven't e en bothered to return an email to give me any sort of update. Still, I plan to enjoy what I can of the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be frustrating. Now that many departments in our hospital have gone to contracted companies, I totally understand the lack of response. I hope it works out where you can enjoy the whole week away from work.

      Delete
  2. I'm hanging in there. I have no idea from day to day who's coming over to work on the place, or what is to be done. Hopefully this will be a peaceful week coming up for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Renovations are no fun that is for sure.
      I hope the week is good for you regardless of the inconvenience. Hugs those two precious girls for me.

      Delete
  3. The gift is gorgeous. I’ve never seen a lantern that pretty. Enjoy your Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it gorgeous? Merry Christmas to you and your family Bijoux.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you. That is the plan. Merry Christmas!!

      Delete
  5. My dentist appointment is scheduled for 2 days after Christmas. I'm just hoping we don't get a ton of snow.
    What a lovely gift that is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine is Thursday. I always dread the dentist. It is lovely. She has a knack for picking out beautiful gifts.

      Delete
  6. Nice, relax and enjoy the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am planning on it. I hope you do as well!!

      Delete
  7. If you find reading, to help us snuggle into the Hibernation time, please share them. I plan to do this soon.

    πŸ’›πŸŽ„πŸ’›πŸŽ„πŸ’›πŸŽ„πŸ’›πŸŽ„πŸ’›

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will pass along anything I find. It's a good time to hibernate!!

      Delete
  8. Hello! That gift is beautiful!!! This is our time, my friend! Time to stay in and be cozy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Billie Jo. Isn't it beautiful? I love it. And yes, our favorite time of year is here. I know you're doing all you can to be cozy too.

      Delete
  9. So nice that you will be off from work for the holidays! I love watching all the Christmas shows that are on now too. So relaxing and good feeling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm thankful that I always get to take that week off. I also love all the Christmas shows. It does give you a good feeling.

      Delete
  10. That is a gorgeous gift from your coworker! Enjoy your time off! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so pretty. I plan to enjoy the time relaxing. Merry Christmas and happy New Year to you and your family Jeanette.

      Delete
  11. That gift is gorgeous Lori! Merry Christmas to you & the Big guy. Enjoy your lunch tomorrow and holiday break!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ms Goose. Merry Christmas to you and your family also!!

      Delete