Saturday, December 10, 2022

It's beginning to look like Christmas 2






The tree looks a bit different this year.  There are no ornaments on the bottom foot or so and I didn't put everything on it like the crystal icicles because it is just too much temptation for Binx.  All and all he has done pretty good for as much energy as he has.

I gifted Binx the use of Jet's stocking.  It's still hard to believe he's been gone almost an entire year.  I still miss him.

It's cold and rainy so what better day to start my Christmas baking?  I'm making pecan, chocolate chip cookies and pecan nut cups that will go in the freezer.  Next weekend I'll make the peanut butter blossom cookies and the wedding cookies then I'll get all of the tins filled for delivery.

I've added the links for two of the treats and the first It's beginning to look like Christmas post.  I love looking back, especially this time of year.

I hope everyone is staying warm and has a great Saturday. 


Pecan Nut Cups   Culinary Adventures with Lori: Five days until 2021    

Peanut Butter Blossoms   Culinary Adventures with Lori: Peanut Butter Blossoms

Christmas Past  Culinary Adventures with Lori: It's beginning to look like Christmas




15 comments:

  1. Yummy! I’ve made Mexican chocolate cookies and zucchini cranberry white chocolate chip cookies. Hubby and I went Xmas shopping today and then to a brewery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun day to me. I just saw a recipe today for Mexican cholate cookies and thought about making them. They sound so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Christmas home! And it sounds like the perfect baking day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Billie Jo. It drizzled all day and was chilly so yes, the perfect day to stay in and bake.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful Lori. Will you link the wedding cookies too? I likely won't get them made before Christmas but they are one of my favorites with coffee. Binx should be honored to have Jets stocking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sam. I'll post the recipe this week. I use the one my grandmother used. It's one of my favorite cookies too.

      Delete
  5. I love the kitty stocking and the decorations, but cats and Christmas trees scare me. I've seen enough photos on Mastodon this week confirming I made the right choice to buy a table top tree.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your decorations are lovely! And thanks for those links. I'm in the mood for a bit of baking too, but I'm starting with chocolate crinkle cookies as the dough needs to chill. I'm sure I'll get round to your recipes soon though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I love chocolate crinkle cookies too. I will also share the wedding cookie recipe this week. They are my favorites. Happy baking.

      Delete
  7. Everything looks wonderful. The cookies all sound delicious. It's been a few years since I've done any baking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you. I love making cookie tins for gifts and people seem to appreciate them.

      Delete
  8. Everything looks so lovely. I used to put my tree up in the sun room, where I sit all the time and where it was visible through the French doors into the TV room where we all gather for presents. But when I got Sweetness in 2019, that put an end to that plan. She is confined to the sun room 99% of the time and she would not be able to resist wrecking a Christmas tree! So now it goes in the front room window which is fine because it looks pretty from the street, but no one hardly ever goes in that room except me, haahaa! First World problems for sure. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenny! It's been a bit of a struggle with Binx and the tree so I totally understand what you're talking about. Yes first world problems but problems non the less.

      Delete