Pages

Thursday, December 29, 2022

Things That Make Me Smile

I spent some time the last couple of days going through my 2022 notebook and setting up the new one for 2023.  I came across this that I had written in the beginning of January.  Unfortunately, I have no idea who wrote this or where I found it, but it made me smile so I wanted to share here.

Of all the winter months, January unfolds like the deepest slumbers.  It closes in like the darkest part of the night; that utter blackness where dreams are found then forgotten by morning.  But despite its dark and sleepy facade, this month also brings us the gift of new beginnings.
Linked to the ancient Roman god Janus, this is the month of duality.  Janus has two faces; one looks forward and the other back.
Door opening and closing.
A death and a rebirth. 
A time to mull over ideas.
A time to work on being well rooted so we can bloom in the Spring.

Wishing everyone a safe and very Happy New Year!!  I hope 2023 will be a kind year for us all.

22 comments:

  1. Lovely words.....

    We both love the Hibernating Mood of Deep Winter. So this time, brings Joy to us. Me'thinks we are very lucky, to have this feeling/attitude. 😊

    I join you in wishing that 2023 will be kind to us all...
    πŸ•―πŸ•―πŸ•―πŸ•―πŸ•―πŸ•―

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do feel lucky that I can look at this time of year as a hibernating time and be happy about that. Happy New Year!!

      Delete
  2. Good thoughts! Wishing you a new year full of fun and joy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that as well, but it's still a long month for me. I'm trying to be more optimistic about winter, and not waste time moping about the inevitable bad weather days, but see them as opportunity for reading, writing, and dreaming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love all four seasons but there is just something about this time of year that I enjoy taking it a bit slower. I couldn't take the long cold winters that you have.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I like the last part about being rooted for the Spring.

      Delete
  5. I like that, and Happy New Year as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year!! I hope it's a kind one for everyone.

      Delete
  6. Interesting though, January looking back. I never thought about that before. But then I'm not much of a backward-looker in general. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. January and February seem to be the longest two months of the year for me. Although with several birthdays in January to celebrate and my yearly February Photo of the Day project it helps them move along! Happy New Year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use these long months to focus on inside projects that I want to get done before Spring. Happy New Year to you and your family also Jeanette!!

      Delete
  8. happy new year! it is hot and humid and will probably rain soon. I am looking forward to autumn, only 3 months away :=) Well 2 months technically. cheers and happy 2023.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry I missed wishing you a happy new year, Lori. Better late than never! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year my friend! Here's hoping it is a good one for us all.

      Delete