Sunday, June 30, 2024

My Weekly W's

What's top of my mind:  It's the last day of June 2024.  The first six months of this year have been a bit of a rollercoaster with highs and lows all around.  TBG going through the health issues he has caused a lot of stress for both of us. It seems like when something like this happens you switch into day-by-day mode. Now that everything has been addressed, hopefully he'll continue to feel better and I'm hoping the last six months of this year are much better.  

Where I've been:  It seemed like a really LONG week for some reason.  I went to the Farmer's Market on Friday and for 20.00 bought a LOT of veggies and fruit.  Hobby Lobby is right next to the market, so I went in just to walk around a bit.  They have all of their Fall decorations out and are already putting out Christmas.  The 4th of July stuff was down to one aisle.  I didn't find anything there that I couldn't live without.  

Where I'm going:  This is only a three-day work week so I'm thinking about a day trip on Saturday.  We'll see what we feel like and what the weather is like to decide where.

What I'm watching:  I started to watch the Netflix movie Toscana while I was making dinner one night but it has subtitles, so I'll have to watch that when I have time to sit and focus.  Other than that, I can't think of anything I watched.

What I'm reading:  I finished Hissy Fit and enjoyed it.  

What I'm eating:  
LO sloppy joes with 'fries'
BIG salad x 2
Chicken sausage, veggies and rice
Bison Cheeseburger with zucchini 'fries'
Fried chicken, red potatoes and tomato cucumber salad

I have always loved a good egg and cheese croissant.  I used to love bacon on them, but TBG has cut down on bacon so we're saving that cheat for a summer BLT.  I haven't made croissants myself but do want to try one day.  I saw that our Amish bakery makes them and they are all butter and the BEST!!  I bought a four pack and we enjoyed them two days this week for brunch.  


Who needs a good slap:  Myself. I had an appointment for a much-needed haircut two weeks ago but I cancelled because of the time.  I've tried calling for the last couple of weeks and kept getting voicemail.  Then I remembered he takes three weeks off every June for vacation.  He's probably already booked up because of all the clients that remembered this so who knows when I will get this mop taken care of.  I give myself two slaps.  

What is making me smile:  My BFF called yesterday, and we had a nice long talk to catch each other up on everything.  We met when I was 18 and she was 20. and we had just moved to Florida and have been best friends ever since.  Relationships like that are irreplaceable.  Sometimes she reminds me who I am, and I love her for that.

I hope everyone is doing well and enjoys the day!

20 comments:

  1. I also hope the next six months go better as well. Those croissants make me want to give up my healthy habits for just one breakfast! I hope you get to enjoy this short week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It's probably been 6 years or more since I've had a croissant, so I really enjoyed the two I had this week. I am so happy it's a short work week. I hope you're doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, that croissant looks delicious! I’ve been making a lot of dishes with chicken sausage and am always pleased with the results. Glad you got to touch base with an old friend. Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was delicious. We use chicken sausage a lot. One local store makes a variety of styles in house and it is really good. Happy 4th to you also Bijoux.

      Delete
  4. Hi Lori. Here's to the next six months being better. I get that about health stuff and how much it takes. Here's to better days.

    Three day work week sounds wonderful.

    Very cool about your BFF. Sorry about the hair cut. I tell you, Tim cuts the back of my hair and I do the front. I'm too cheap too go get it done though that said, I see some really nice doooos from when folks go get their hair done. Pretty cool. Me, I'm more of, get a new tin of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello!! Thank you, it does take a lot out of you physically and mentally. I am looking forward to my four day weekend. It is much needed. I let TBG cut the back of my hair once many years ago and it did not go well. He acted like he was Edward Scissorhands. I said never again. I only get it cut two or three times a year now that I've let it grow out.

      Delete
  5. Here is hoping the next 6 months are great! BFF's are the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cheryl. Yes BFF's are a blessing.

      Delete
  6. I always enjoy roaming around in Hobby Lobby but rarely buy anything. I just hate that they rush the holidays so much
    That sounds like something I would do with the haircut appointment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rarely buy anything either. It annoys me to go to a store in June and see Fall and Christmas stuff. Do people really buy things that far ahead of a season?

      Delete
  7. Here's hoping your hubby gets to a better place medically soon. I know how that can worry a spouse. It's hard to think long term when you are in day to day mode. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, these things are a bit stressful as you know.

      Delete
  8. Slapping yourself is called self-injury and isn't good for soul or complexion May I suggest a martini next time?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would be so depressed seeing the Christmas stuff in stores already! It's bad enough seeing the "back to school" stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was depressing to see the Fall stuff already. I think that's one reason why it seems like time is always flying by. We're hit with the seasons before one is even over.

      Delete
  10. I'm laughing about the hair cut- I get a great cut in Florida and thought I would skip the (needed ) cut before we went away for a month's vacation, and I'd be able to pull my hair back while traveling. Well when we returned to Florida for 10 days- my hairstylist was on vacation. Now I have to find somewhere in back home to cut my hair. Hope your 2nd half of the year is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no. That sounds just like my luck. I hope you're able to find someone to cut it. Thank you, I hope it's a good 2nd half for everyone.

      Delete