Pages

Saturday, January 15, 2022

Buffalo Cauliflower 'Wings'

I meant to post this on Monday but this week really got away from me.  I made this last week and we really enjoyed it. Even the meat-eating big guy said this recipe is a keeper.

1 head of cauliflower, cut into large florets

1 Cup AP flour

1 Cup Milk

1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon black pepper

1 Cup hot sauce

4 tablespoons melted butter

Ranch dressing for serving-optional

Preheat oven to 450.

For batter, whisk flour, milk and garlic powder until combines.  Season with salt and pepper and whisk until the batter is smooth.

Dredge cauliflower in batter until evenly coated.  Shake off excess and transfer to baking sheet.  Bake until the cauliflower is crispy and golden around the edges, about 20 to 25 minutes.

For the buffalo sauce, whisk together hot sauce and melted butter.  Toss baked cauliflower 'wings' in the sauce before serving.


They predicted 2 to 4 feet of snow overnight.  I got up early and pulled the curtain open expecting to see a beautiful white yard but NO, they were wrong again.  We barely got a dusting.  It's cold out and we have no plans to go out this weekend so I'm looking forward to a two day staycation.  I have a new book to start and a lot of cooking and baking to do so I'll be happy.  I'll be back tomorrow with my weekly w's.

Stay safe!!

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this. I really need to try this sometime soon. Stay safe out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good. Let me know if you do. You stay safe as well!

      Delete
  2. I love buffalo cauliflower, it's so good! Have a great weekend Lori, stay warm and stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is SO good. I was a little surprised. You enjoy your weekend as well!! Enjoy that weather. It's the best time of the year there.

      Delete
  3. What a cute idea. Don't know if "cute" applies but.... Smile

    We are supposed to get our snow monday.

    Taking weekend off here too. Or at least trying to. Smile

    πŸ“• 🌲 πŸ”₯ πŸ“•

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to find more meatless meal ideas and this one tasted really good. You deserve to take the weekend off. Enjoy!!

      Delete
  4. LIKE your new Background!!!!!!!!!!

    I sent your recipe to my son next door, who loves to cook. -smile-

    πŸ“• 🌲 πŸ”₯ πŸ“•

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Let me know if he tries it and enjoys.

      Delete
  5. I like cauliflower, but not sure if I want it hot?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! Buffalo cauliflower is a favorite of my girls. I'd have to substitute plant based milk and butter, but no problem there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, making these vegan would be an easy fix. I was surprised that we enjoyed them as much as we did.

      Delete