Pages

Sunday, January 9, 2022

My Weekly's W's

What's on top of my mind: Jet.  He's getting older and I'm seeing signs of it.  He still grooms himself, uses litterbox, and eats and drinks.  But yesterday for some reason he ate VERY little and seemed a bit out of it.  Today so far he has eaten a bit and seems to have more pep so fingers crossed he just had one bad day.

Where I've been: I went to work all week and yesterday we did our shopping which we hadn't done in three weeks except for fresh veggies and fruit.  I pretty much just restocked what we had eaten.  I could easily not shop for a couple of months but with prices on the rise and shortages the way they are I feel better just restocking what we've eaten instead of letting our supplies get too low.

Where I'm going: Other than work I don't think I'll be going anywhere.  January is still a hibernation month for me.  

What I'm watching:  This week I watched the latest Queer Eye season that dropped on Netflix New Year's Day.  I know it's a reality show but I have loved watching it since it started.  It is such a feel-good show to see them help people feel better and be in a better place.  I have happy tears after almost every single episode.  If you have never watched just try the first episode of this latest season.  So uplifting.

What I'm reading:  I finished Life from Scratch which was a good read and Taste My Life Through Food by Stanley Tucci finally arrived yesterday so I will be starting that.

What I'm listening to: I'm trying to find quiet times throughout the day to just listen to my inner voice.

What I'm eating: Meals this week:

This past Monday was the first of meatless Mondays.  I found a recipe for Buffalo Cauliflower 'Wings' and they were very good.  I'll share the recipe tomorrow.


Big Salad

Wonton Cups with chili, cheese and green onions along with a few with cream cheese and jalapeno pepper. 


Beef sausage and veggies over rice


Beef roast with veggies and mashed potatoes.  (this was before it went in the oven)


Deer sausage, cheese, crackers and tomato soup.  This was a good dinner for game night. That's my Camble soup mug but it was homemade soup.  :-)


Tonight I'm cooking a steak for me and wings for the big guy and we'll have loaded baked potatoes on the side. 

Who needs a good slap:  I see it every day and the US Healthcare industry system is broken.  For the people that turned doctors into providers and started paying administrators an unbelievably higher amount than the doctors that do the work, I give 5 slaps. I could go on and on but I'll just leave it at that.

What I'm planning:  I'm going through each room and making a list of things I want to do or change.  I just want to give each room a good spruce.

What's making me smile:  I have been seeing a lot of kindness lately.  I think there is a good amount of people that decided to be a little kinder, pay attention to the joys, be more thankful instead of letting the last two years make them bitter and angry.  That makes me smile.

Wishing everyone a wonderful Sunday!!

14 comments:

  1. I love your weekly W's, especially seeing all your delicious meals! I have witnessed a lot of kindness lately too, it's so heartwarming to see for a change. I sure hope Jet is ok. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martha. He's a little better today but still not eating much. I'm pretty worried about him. I hate to take him to the vet because it stresses him out so much and at his age there isn't much that anyone can do but I may have to take him this week.
      Stay safe!!

      Delete
  2. Oh the meals!!!!'Thank you for the ideas and inspiration. And I am hibernating too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. January is all about hibernating. Spring will be here soon enough.

      Delete
  3. I am glad you have seen some kindness; I've seen so little these days I sometimes wonder if there is any.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you had a good week, and those cauliflower "buffalo wings" are intriguing. I might make some with the air fryer one of these days if I can remember to buy wing sauce.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was skeptical until I tried them. They were really good. I used the oven but the air fryer would work.

      Delete
  5. I totally agree with your slap, I will go with you to slap who ever needs it. Love homemade tomato soup. With grilled cheese yum, comfort food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The changes over the last 15 years just breaks my heart.

      Delete
  6. OH YES! The US Healthcare what ever you want to call it. It's certainly not CARE anymore.

    We have lost our wonderful doctor, because he will not take the JAB. He was made to retire. And we are sick, sick, sick at heart, over this. YOu can't imagine how awful it is.... Especially being old.

    I will do a post, but put this in, since you certainly understand.

    So happy you are hibernating and listening to your inner voice, this deep winter. Lovely to know someone else, who feels the same.

    Merry Mid Winter
    ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The changes are not good and I really worry about it.
      Yes it is nice to know someone out there feels the same about winter that I do.
      Have a wonderful day!!

      Delete
  7. I'm so glad about your "kindness" comment. I wish I were seeing more of it. Weird thing ... I think I do see a lot of it at home and at work. But somehow, the impression I get is that there's less of it in the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what it is but the people I've interacted with lately at shops have been exceptionally kind the last few months. I hope it continues and that you see some soon.

      Delete