Pages

Sunday, January 23, 2022

My Weekly W's

What's top of my mind: The events going on between Russia and Ukraine are on top of my mind right now.  I have a friend that is traveling to Poland the first week of February and I hope nothing happens while she is there.  I know worrying doesn't do any good but I can't help but get a tight feeling in my gut everytime I hear more of what is going on. 

Where I've been: Work, home and the grocery store.  I did an inventory of the freezer and we have plenty of meat so we just did a quick local shop instead of going where we normally go. I'm glad we buy meat from local farmers because the store we went to yesterday had little meat at all. And we couldn't get filters for our HVAC.  The guy at the store said as fast as they come in people buy them all up.  Why?  I don't understand.

Where I'm going: No plans to go anywhere this week but work.  Life has really changed.

What I'm watching: Right now I'm watching the birds and the squirrels running around the yard and filling up at the bird feeder.  The sunrise this morning was gorgeous. I took this photo from our bedroom window.



What I'm reading: I hate to admit this but I am STILL reading Taste.  It is a good book but I haven't been taking the time to read like I need to.  

What I'm listening to:  This week I streamed classical music while I was working.  It is good background music. I usually enjoy the silence but the last two weeks I've been trying to incorporate a little music into my otherwise quiet days.

What I'm eating

Korean Beef and rice


Chicken tika masala
Beef and bean chili and cornbread


Big Salad
Veggie Pizza



Beef Sausage, veggie stir fry and potatoes


Tonight I'm roasting a chicken and I have the dough rising for a loaf of bread.  I'm not sure what sides I will make but there is time to figure that out.

Who needs a good slap: 2022 needs to slow its roll.  We've lost Meatloaf, Bogdanovich, Poitier, Saget, Talley to just name a few. Yesterday's loss of Thich Nhat Hanh made the world feel a little darker for me.

What I'm planning: Honestly I think the last two years have zapped me of the ability to plan.  It feels like planning is simply testing fate.  

What's making me smile: I had a 3 day weekend and that always makes me smile.  Yes I enjoy my job but I'll take home over work every single chance I get.

So that is my fabulously exciting week.  I hope everyone is staying safe.  What's going on in your world?




20 comments:

  1. Your meals look so good. I rarely buy beef other than hamburger but I've seen so many tempting beef dishes posted. Maybe for February.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sam. Beef, chicken, lamb and fish is about the only meat we eat. Neither of us can handle pork, other than bacon or the occasional ham. I want to really cut down on meat but the big guy isn't on board with that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those meal pictures, and yes people are hoarding again. I wouldn't be shocked if people are using those HVAC filters to make homemade filtration systems for COVID. I read something on that not too long ago.

    It seems like all the good cuts of meat are getting scarce, but it's a good thing I remember how to make carne asada. I can at least use those ingredients to make even the harder meat cuts palatable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's crazy what people are hoarding. Carne asada sounds so good. I haven't made that in ages. I hope you have a good week.

      Delete
  4. the squirrel watching and the food sound the best

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who can resist watching squirrels running around.

      Delete
  5. How lucky you are to see the sun rise!

    -chuckle- 2022 moving too fast! Ahhhh yes.

    Thank you, Tom
    Still The "G.O.A.T." !!!
    🐐 🐐 🐐 🐐 🐐 🐐 🐐 🐐

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For being January which is usually pretty gloomy, we've had a lot of sunny days.

      Delete
  6. Your meals look delicious! And yes. I was just thinking of how many we have lost so far...and it is still January! Beautiful photo from your bedroom window. Have a cozy day. I am hibernating today. Cold and snowy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you. I saw how much snow you have. We have yet to have anything other than a dusting. Your photos were gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your food always looks so good. I am hungry and will go make a smoothie after I type this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim. I love smoothies in the summer but can't make myself drink them in the winter. lol

      Delete
  9. That is a beautiful sunrise picture!! You are the second blogger who mentioned it was hard to get filters. I'll have to ask hubby if he has noticed a shortage of them at the store. That Korean beef and rice look delicious!! It is scary what is going on with Russia and Ukraine. I'm hopeful it won't end up with any type of a conflict, but I fear it may.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Betty! It's very scary what could happen with Russia and Ukraine. I'm pretty worried. The Korean beef is so good. My husband actually lived in Korea for four years and he gives it the thumbs up. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  10. Isn't that weird about the filters? It all seems so random. One day you suddenly can't find broccoli, next day you can't find toilet paper.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always really enjoy your Weekly W's. This week I'll take an order of the delicious Korean Beef please. :)

    I know early on in the pandemic people were making masks out of the HVAC filters, not sure if that's still what's going on. Have a fantastic Friday Lori and a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martha you too.
      Another blog friend said the same about the HVAC filters. Interesting isn't it? LOL

      Delete
  12. Well we have had a busy January. That Korean beef and rice made my mouth water. One day at a time, my friend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have had a busy month. I'm still hibernating for the winter. lol

      Delete