Pages

Sunday, January 16, 2022

My Weekly W's

What's top of my mind: I'm trying to focus on the moment so top of my mind is what I need/want to accomplish today.  I am going to change the sheets, bake a cake and make lunch to take to work tomorrow for a Birthday, pay a couple of bills and take an hour to read.  

Where I've been: Other than work I made an early morning run to the store today for a couple of things and that is it. 

Where I'm going: I will work all week and Saturday we will do our normal biweekly grocery run.

What I'm watching: We watched Being the Ricardos yesterday.  Cute movie.  I have had the TV in the kitchen turned to various cooking shows or Gilmore Girls while I'm cooking in the evenings as usual.  Other than that, I haven't watched anything.

What I'm reading: I'm still reading Taste.  It's a really interesting memoir. 

What I'm listening to: I streamed a little Van Morrison while doing some data entry at work this week.  I usually like it quiet but decided a little music from time to time is good for the soul

What I'm eating: Monday neither of us were very hungry so we had poached eggs and toast. It also aligned with our meatless Monday challenge.



BBQ chicken breast, mashed potatoes and salad

Chicken Shawarma, rice and naan
BIG salad

Lamb Burgers, potato wedges

Chicken Chili

Tonight I'm trying a new recipe for pickle juice brined fried chicken that I'm going to make in the air fryer.  I'll let you know how that turns out.

Who needs a good slap:  Our Jeep salesman. We all have heard that used cars are in high demand right now. I have a 2016 Jeep Patriot which they no longer make.  It only has a little over 35000 miles and is paid for. We have it serviced at the dealership, so they know it's being taken care of and how many miles it has. I received a letter from the guy at the Jeep dealer that sold it to us saying "it has gone up in value tremendously and is in high demand so they will offer top dollar if we sell it back them".  Why would any sane person sell a vehicle that is paid off with low mileage to then have to buy another vehicle at astronomical prices?  5 slaps because some people will fall for this.

What I'm planning: My project list for the house has gotten pretty long.  Most items are wants and not necessarily needs but most are not expensive either.  If I intend to get this list done, I need to get busy. I want everything spruced up by Spring.

What's making me smile: We always have game nights during the winter.  It's a fun way to spend time together and challenge our brains.  We're both very competitive so it gets quite funny.

I hope everyone is staying safe.  What is going on in your world?


10 comments:

  1. I love a good poached eggs. Yours look perfect. I'm glad to see others do the W's. I might start up again for Friday's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, they were good.
      Two of my favorite bloggers started, so I jumped on the wagon. It's a fun way to sum up the week.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad to see you're doing well, and I would only "fall" for that gimmick if the dealer were to give me a great deal for a new car. By that, I mean I pay cash for the difference between the trade in and the new one.

    I'm hanging in there. I just posted an update, and as the young kids say "I chose violence this morning".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Right now new and even used cars are outrageously priced I don't think they could make it worth it.
      I'm on my way over to see what is going on.

      Delete
  3. It sounds like a good and also a delicious week. I wish I could reach in and grab that chicken shawarma for my dinner tonight - yummy! Don't forget to let us know how the new chicken recipe is and of course share if it's good. Have a fantastic week Lori. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Martha. Chicken shawarma is one of my FAVORITES. The chicken was good and I'll share the recipe this week.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. There seems to be more and more people to chose from now.

      Delete
  5. I enjoy these Ws; I enjoy poached eggs as much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a good way to sum up the week. Poached eggs and toast are so good.

      Delete