Pages

Sunday, January 30, 2022

My Weekly W's

What is top of my mind: Jet of course.  He isn't eating much at all still.  He has an appointment tomorrow afternoon to remove the catheter.  I'm going to call in the morning and ask that the vet please consider removing the drain as well.  I think he'll recover quicker once it is gone.  They said it needed to be in 5-7 days.  Tomorrow will be 4 and nothing has drained since yesterday morning so I'm praying they will take it out.

Where I've been: Other than home, work and the vet I haven't been anywhere else all week.

Where I'm going: The big guy is taking Jet to the vet tomorrow so it is likely I will not be going anywhere other than work and out to do our shopping next Saturday.

What I'm watching: The Lost Kitchen on Netflix.  I read her book of the same name this summer and it has been fun watching the series. 

What I'm reading: I am ashamed to say not much.  I really need to pick up my book if I'm going to make my goal this year.  It was just a shitty week.

What I'm listening to: Trying to keep my inner peace by having as much quiet time as possible.

What I'm eating: 

Monday-Roasted chicken, baked potato, salad


Tuesday-I used a large bowl of chili that was in the freezer and made beef chili mac with garlic bread.  We haven't had that in year's, and it was good.
Wednesday-I used the remaining chicken from the roasted chicken from Monday and made chicken fajita rice bowls.
Thursday-Beef sausage pasta and salad


Friday-Cheeseburgers and fries
Saturday- Beef taco 'burritos'  They were SO good.


I have boneless skinless chicken breast that I will make into something tonight.

Yesterday afternoon I made a loaf of cinnamon raisin dough that I baked up this morning.  OMG is it amazing. I got the recipe from Mavis at One Hundred Dollars a Month   It's the no knead bread recipe I use with the addition of raisins, brown sugar and cinnamon.  It is a wonderful bread recipe.  The big guy can't stop talking about it.








Who needs a good slap:  I'm actually too drained to have the mental or physical energy to slap anyone this week.

What I'm planning: Today I'll be changing the sheets, washing the blankets Jet has been sleeping on and doing a little food prep for the week.  I'll be happy when I can actually plan a party or a trip.  Hopefully soon.

What's making me smile: Once again the big guy.  I could not have made it through this week without his help.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday.  How was your week?

15 comments:

  1. Oh my Dear, you have had 'one of those weeks'! Here, it has been week after week after week of 'those weeks.' It really gets wearing, especially when we are in our 80's. -Grumble-

    Hope your Dear Jet is able to be all without any reminder of his ordeal. But not any sooner, than the Vet says. As I am sure you feel too.

    Lots and lots of knowing hugs...
    🌲⛄🏠🔥🏠⛄🌲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I need all of the hugs I can get right now. Yes we will do what the vet suggests. I'm just really worried he isn't moving around much or eating and drinking much. He can't afford to lose any more weight. I hope things are getting better for you.

      Delete
  2. Your meals look delicious! I like how you do these "Weekly W's". Cute concept! Let's hope the next week ahead is gentler and kinder to you all and Jet makes a good turn to recovery with better eating!!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Betty. I borrowed the Weekly W's from a couple of blogger buddies. It's an easy way to recap the week. Enjoy your Sunday!!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for your comment on my 'Canada' post.

    I took it down, because it is not proper for me to smear the leader of another country. Although the Leader of my Country was smeared relentlessly, for 4 years.

    I put up a shorter post, in place of the original.

    Again, thank you for making a comment on my first one. So few are willing to say anything, on any controversial topic, in Pretty Blog Land.

    And that is their right of course.

    Gentle hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sure hope all goes well at the vet tomorrow and hope the drain can be removed as well. Your meals look delicious as always and that bread looks amazing. I'm definitely going to have to give that a try! Have a great week Lori and keep us posted on Jet's progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Martha! Jet's hanging in there. Hopefully today everything comes out so he'll be more comfortable. Have a great week.

      Delete
  5. Wow Lori! I found that bread on the website you linked to. I'll be making that! I don't actually have a dutch oven but that is swiftly remedied! I need to catch up on what's up with Jet. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a really good recipe. I have the crockpot enamel dutch oven and I love it. It comes in handy for a lot of things. Have a great week!!

      Delete
  6. That bread looks delicious, and I love the other photos you shared. I hope Jet is feeling better soon. It's never fun when our fur babies are in distress. Hope you're having a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The bread is really good. I froze some to use next weekend to make french toast with. My husband LOVES french toast. It has been stressful seeing Jet so sick. I hope you have a good Monday and a great week.

      Delete
  7. Bread looks so good. I hope Jet recovers, poor kitty. Poor kitty mommy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. good luck at the vet
    I too found the bread scrumptious.

    ReplyDelete