Pages

Sunday, February 6, 2022

My Weekly W's

The first week of February is already over with and frankly it was not a good week.  Thank you everyone that sent messages and hugs it really made a difference.  I even read the comments to the big guy who also has been missing Jet.

What's top of my mind:  I'm slowly coming out of my hibernation phase and am ready to start sprucing up the house and doing an early Spring clean.  I'm feeling the house needs a refresh and I want to get this done so I will have time to focus on the garden planning and planting this year.  I have most of the seeds I want but do need to pick up a few.

Where I've been:  We just got back home from doing some shopping. We usually go on Saturdays but yesterday was 4 degrees when I got up and decided today would be the day to go since it is a bit warmer.  The farm we buy from had chicken and beef for us to pick up.  I'm thankful for that because of the quality, the availability and the price.  

Where I'm going: I don't think I'll be going anywhere but to work this week.

What I'm watching: Wednesday I watched it sleet. Thursday I watched it snow.  It was so quiet and peaceful. It was fun having a couple of snow days stuck inside with the big guy.




What I'm reading: I finally finished Taste My Life Through Food by Tucci.  I read a LOT of biographies and memoirs, especially on people that love food.  Stanly Tucci has been a favorite actor of mine and I enjoyed the series he did on food throughout Italy but I only give this book a 5.  Maybe I've just been in a bad mood.

What I'm listening to: Nothing.  I'm enjoy as much quiet as I can get.  

What I'm eating: 

Beef chili, cornbread
Creole chicken legs, baked potato and corn
Chicken Tika Masala, rice and naan



Chicken gouda sausage, roasted potatoes


Cheese burger and fries

Who needs a good slap: I don't know if they need a good slap or a huge hug but I've witnessed a couple of breakdowns and flat-out horrible behavior in a couple of professionals over the last two weeks and not only was it a huge burden on others but flat out unacceptable.  

What I'm planning: Tomorrow after work I am going to bake up a batch of walnut chocolate chip cookies with a thank you card for the people below.  Other than that, I don't have any plans other than to keep sprucing up the house before Spring.

What's making me smile:  Right before we left the vets office Monday evening one of the tech's asked if I wanted a paw print of Jet.  I said yes that would be wonderful and she told us to pick it up the next day before the storm started.  I thought she was going to use an ink pad and get a paw print on paper like I have for the first cat we lost.  This was not what I was expecting at all and it brought a very much needed smile to both of our faces.  We baked it according to directions and it is hanging on my spice rack in the kitchen where Jet spent a lot of time with us.  Every single person we encountered there over this 6-day ordeal was amazingly kind and considerate and we are so thankful.


 I hope everyone is staying safe and has a wonderful week.

18 comments:

  1. Oh mercy, I can hardly believe it. I just posted a "Wanting Spring" post. Well, sort of. But anyway, you are coming out of Hibernation, and so, it seems we are sort of thinking alike. But for different reasons.

    -smile-

    How horrible of those Professionals. They are dealing with people in need. Or with people, working in the same facility. None of these people should be the target of such un-professional behaviour.

    What a lovely gift, from your Vet's office. Just lovely. And how wonderful, that all of the staff, have been so kind and caring. I'm sure they will appreciate the cookies.

    Gentle hugs......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think I am ready to SLOWLY come out of hibernation.

      Yes, in 15 years of working with this group I have never seen such horrible behavior. It wasn't directed at me but it impacted many people.

      I hope they like the cookies, they really made a difficult time a little bearable.

      Hugs to you my friend!! I hope you have a lovely week.

      Delete
  2. The paw print was so sweet. How kind. We have our Golden's paw print in a foot stone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you got some snow days at home this week and it sure does look beautiful. I agree with you on the early spring cleaning. I always try to get it done in February so I can be outdoors as much as possible in the small window of nice weather we have between winter and summer here in Florida. Of course you already know that lol. Delicious meals this week, as always. I'm so glad everyone at your vets office was so kind and so glad they gave you the beautiful paw print. I got those for my Missy and Beefy and they sure are special to me. Have a great week Lori - hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think spring cleaning in February is a left over habit from Florida for the exact reasons you stated. Here it gives me extra time to get the garden planned out in March. I hope you have a great week Martha!

      Delete
  4. Such a sweet gift from your vet with the paw print! A nice memorial for Jet! I think it helps to get out of a hibernation mode once we get more light in the evenings and mornings. Its staying light here until after 6 o'clock which makes me want to be out enjoying the outside more (weather permitting of course :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figure if I do my Spring cleaning now that will give me more time outside when it does start to warm up a bit. Have a great week Betty!!

      Delete
  5. I'm so happy you got the paw print. I did the same when my black cat died nearly a decade ago. I still have his ashes, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love it! We never forget our fur friends. I hope you have a good week!

      Delete
  6. Feb. 7th

    And here, it continues to be *interesting.*

    My Sig. Line,
    in reference to my current post
    ❓ ❓ ❓ ❓ ❓ ❓ ❓ ❓ ❓ ❓

    ReplyDelete
  7. THAT IS SO SWEET. Our big fat cat just came in and bit or fat corgi about the neck so the corgi would chase her. It is a constant circus here, with those two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely made us smile. Things have been very quiet here this week.

      Delete
  8. I understand your need for peace and quiet after the turmoil of losing Jet, and grieving for him. So the snow days were serendipitous! I love watching snow fall, but I totally lose interest in the aftermath, hahaa! Your meals look delicious ... and wow, what a kind and considerate thing the vet's office did for you, with Jet's paw print. That is just so precious! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenny! We do not get a lot of snow storms here so I embrace the ones we do. The paw print was very sweet of them. I had my husband drop off cookies yesterday for their kindness. I hope you're doing well.

      Delete
  9. That Paw print is beautiful. SO thoughtful of the vet to do that. Snow days stuck inside are my favorites. Have a cozy evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snow days are few and far between here so I enjoy them when they come. I hope you're having a wonderful week.

      Delete
  10. Feb. 9th

    Hope you will soon read my now last post.

    It is scary!
    ❓❓❓❓❓❓

    ReplyDelete