Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Valentine's Day surprises

Yesterday was Valentine's Day.  The big guy and I usually celebrate with a small gift to each other and a nice meal.  We keep it minimal because we strive to show each other every day how much we love each other. He gave me a box of Ghirardelli chocolates and a very meaningful card that melted my heart.

The day also brought a few other surprises.  My friend Ella returned safely from Poland and brought me a treat.  This is the second kind of chocolate I've had from Poland and both have been delicious.  Now I am in love with the Swiss chocolates and chocolates from Paris that I've had but I honestly didn't know Poland produced such amazing treats.


                                   It may look small but is actually the size of a lunch plate.

When I got home the mailman had delivered a sweet card that everyone at the vet clinic signed.  Yes, it brought tears.

Then when the big guy returned from his TKD classes one of his students who has been attending since she was 11 and is now 23 had everyone sign a card, sent an amazing candle and a yellow gerbera daisy.  She wrote in the card that the gerbera daisy was "to remind you of light he brought into your life, the candle is to remind you he is at peace and for you to find peace as well and a blanket to remind you of his warm cuddles."  Apparently she took some pictures of Jet off of my FB page and is having a blanket made.  It will be ready in a couple of weeks. 

She is also the one that took over class the evening he died so the big guy could come and say goodbye to Jet. I text her and thanked her and her reply was "Of course I'd do this for you two.  We just wanted to make sure you knew you were loved and that we have your back" It's so refreshing to see a young woman that has so much compassion and love.


I am so thankful and grateful for all of the amazing people in my life.  One of these sweet surprises would have been great but to have them all happen on Valentine's Day...well, I'm feeling pretty loved.

Hope everyone is staying safe.


19 comments:

  1. Perfectly wonderful love coming your way from so many directions. I know that the loss of Jet is still a grief to you but it will get better. That chocolate thing is calling my name. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The chocolate is a 6 layer thin waffle cookie with the amazing chocolate. I'm not a big sweet eater but it is SO good Jenny!
      Each day gets a little easier. It just takes time.

      Delete
  2. That candy from Poland looked good. I'm 100% Polish but never visited there nor had anyone bring candy back for me from there so what a treat for you! What a kind gesture from that student in remembrance of Jet; equally sweet the card from the vet's office. Seemed all in all it was a good Valentine's Day!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betty-I've been fortunate to try a variety of chocolate from Poland and it is delicious. It was a good day.

      Delete
  3. I'm happy you had a wonderful day, and I can't wait to see what that blanket looks like. That was very sweet of her to do that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was so sweet of her and it was actually ready early and she gave it to us last night. We LOVE it. I'll post a picture soon. :) It brought tears.

      Delete
  4. That was so sweet. We also received a card from our vet when we had to put our beloved dog down. It is such a sweet gesture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes between the card and the pawprint they really showed compassion.

      Delete
  5. Hello, my friend. Your Valentine's Day sounds lovely. And that chocolate???? Wow! So thoughtful of your Vet. Have a cozy evening. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhhh what a lovely, lovely gift.... She is a wonderful young woman.

    Hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs...

    ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ My Icon is not me! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She truly is. I'll post a picture of the blanket this weekend. It is beautiful.

      Delete