Pages

Sunday, February 27, 2022

My Weekly W's

What's top of my mind: The Russia Ukraine situation is on top of my mind.  I watch Aljazeera news and the stories are just heartbreaking. Seeing this really makes you appreciate all that you have a little more. I can't see this ending well at all for anyone.  You can try to be prepared as much as much as possible which I've always done but some things you just can't be prepared for.  Especially if you have to flee your country or hunker down in underground spaces.  I just can't even imagine how these people are feeling.

Where I've been: Another week of home, work and we did make a local stop at a grocery store to top things off.  

Where I'm going: This week looks to be exactly the same.

What I'm watching: I had Instant Family and Sweet Home Alabama on the TV while I cleaned the kitchen.  I've seen both before a few times. Instant Family is based on a true story and such a sweet/funny movie.  The big guy and I watched Don't Look Up.  It was interesting and a bit disturbing to see the ridiculousness that is actually reality now.

What I'm reading: Still reading Plenty.

What I'm listening to: Nothing.  I've had TV on instead of music this week while I do things around the house.  

What I'm eating

Pasta, meat sauce, salad and garlic bread
Chicken Guoda sausage, veggies, rice and rollup



Chicken, mac and cheese, salad
BIG salad
Veggie and beef sausage pizza



Veggies, hummus and roasted garlic dip
Tonight I'm roasting a chicken with sides to be determined

Everything was tasty but it wasn't an adventurous menu this week. My mind was just too all over the place to focus on cooking.  I'll make the Samosas this week instead and hopefully a few more interesting dishes.

Who needs a good slap: I know there are a lot of people that need a good slap.  There are just too many to single out one person this week.

What I'm planning: We actually have two parties to attend in March. A birthday party and a delayed wedding reception. That hasn't happened since 2019.  I'm actually pretty excited.  

What's making me smile: The weather did not make me smile this week but I think it may this coming week.  We started out the week very cold and then it warmed up on Tuesday. Wednesday the temperatures tanked and we had sleet for over 24 hours and it hasn't been above freezing since.  There is still a bit of sleet outside now.  Tomorrow is supposed to start a week in the 50's and 60's so that will make me smile.

How was your week?  Anything planned for the coming week?

Stay safe and pay attention to all the good that is still out there.

16 comments:

  1. Sleet is never nice.... Ughhhh... Sighhhhh

    Our snow was not a huge storm, which was nice. Staying cold though. Winter is not done with us yet. And nothing we can do about it. :-)

    I am in a Hate To Cook phase. I am often this way, but now, it is worse. -sigh- If only we had a personal chef! LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so cold we still have patches of sleet everywhere. It's warming up here this week which I am happy about.
    I don't get in hate to cook phases but I was in a not very creative phase this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a heartbreaking state right now. We'll keep our ears clued for any changes. Your meals sound really delicious and I really would like a slice of the pizza.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a bad situation. My friend is leaving tomorrow to go to Poland and bring her mother here. So I'm going to have that on my mind until she returns.

      Delete
  4. I think you've seen what's coming up for me this week. Otherwise, everything seems to be going better. I'm glad you had a better week than I did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping this all ends up in your favor and that this will be a good week for you.

      Delete
  5. Ukraine is at the top of my thoughts and has me on the edge of tears often. I feel so helpless. But I will be busy sewing if I can ever get in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've shed tears over it. It is just unimaginable to me to have something like this happen.

      Delete
  6. I think your menus are very adventurous! More so than mine. The pizza looks so good! I am heartbroken for the people of Ukraine and yes I pray for them, that God will deliver them from this evil pestilence that has been visited on their country. I am devastated for the children that have been killed and their families, and poor President Zelensky, with kill squads hunting for him and his family. Just terrifying and so evil. God help us. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenny!
      A friend of mine is flying out today to go to Poland and get her Mother to bring her here. I am beyond worried.
      What is happening is so atrocious.

      Delete
  7. I meant to say also, we are leaving soon for Oklahoma and our Andrew's wings ceremony! We are so excited to see them again and to hold our little Ember. I will share pictures. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to hear all about it. So glad that you have this to look forward to.

      Delete
  8. Of course the people of Ukraine have been on the top of my mind too. It is such a horrible situation, but I have to say, they sure are a tough bunch. I admire their tenacity!

    Your meals sound delicious, and the photos you managed to get look so good! We don't always need an adventurous menu as long as we always eat well. Have a great week Lori - hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are a lot tougher than I think Putin imagined they would be. It's nice to see a country pulling together like that but so very sad at the same time.
    You have a great week as well.

    ReplyDelete