Pages

Sunday, February 13, 2022

My Weekly W's

 What's top of my mind:  My mind has been all over the place this week.  Work has been unusually stressful.  I still get teary when I come across something of Jets.  I had a full-on cry when I got rid of his food. Inflation and shortages and the state of the world are rambling around up there as well.  I'm hoping today I can get a grip and get it together a bit.

Where I've been: Only work and home this week. Don't be jealous of my fabulously exciting life. :)

Where I'm going: I have a hair appointment this week, I need to stop by the library to pick up my requests and next weekend we will do our biweekly shopping.  Other than that, probably just work and home.

What I'm watching:  To escape for a few hours this week I re-watched a few rom com's that always make me smile.  Always Be My Maybe, Never Have I Ever and The Holiday.  Everyone needs an escape from time to time.

What I'm reading: Sad to say, I didn't pick up a book all week.

What I'm listening to:  Once again, I've tried to enjoy the silence every chance I can get.

What I'm eating: 

Big Salad, garlic cheese biscuits 2 nights


White bean chicken chili
Manicotti, salad and garlic knots


Beef cheeseburgers and fries


Roast beef, mashed potatoes, corn
Tonight we're having chicken wings, beef taquitos, salsa, jalapeno popper dip and chips. Not very nutritious but definitely tasty. 

Valentine chocolate cupcakes with cream cheese frosting



Who needs a good slap: I can't name names or specifics, but I witnessed someone being reprimanded for their behavior saying, "it's not like I raped or killed anyone".  Throat punch!!

What I'm planning:  I'm planning on a slow paced, relaxing Sunday.

What's making me smile:  We've had a couple of really cold weeks but almost every day the sun has come out which always makes me smile.  Tuesday I had a two-hour conversation with my oldest and dearest friend. Yesterday I talked to one of my newer friends for almost as long.  That brought smiles as well.

I hope everyone is staying safe and celebrating the joys that cross your path.  Have a wonderful Sunday!!  


14 comments:

  1. Well, at least said person has some limits to their horridness. Grieve for Jet all you need. Pet's are family. Your manicotti looks very delicious. I already my change my menu up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When it was said my first thought was well I guess that is good to know. But who thinks this way?? Crazy!
      Manicotti is one of my comfort foods which was needed this week.

      Delete
  2. Yum with all the food! I may have to look up a recipe for white bean chicken chili. We've been eating a lot of chowders, soups, stews this winter and chili just seems like it would go along with them. I agree that we need diversions sometimes and your watching of those movies sounded like something you definitely needed and benefitted from! Always a joy to talk to friends, whether they be old or new :) Some people should learn to hold their tongues a bit more and not just blab the first thoughts that may come to mind. Take all the time you need to grieve Jet. Like Sam said, they truly are family and we miss them just as much. I do hope your Sunday is a relaxful one!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Betty! If you go to the search bar on the right of my blog and type in chicken chili my recipe is there. It's such a soul warming soup to me. It will take a bit longer to adjust to Jet not being here. 16 years is a long time.
      I hope you have a wonderful day as well!

      Delete
  3. Please do not expect to fully get over the loss of your Beloved Pet, in record time. What I mean is, don't tell yourself that you "should be all over it by now!" or any such. Hugs...

    Sometimes, I am *rebellious* enough, to question... The Universal Rule, that we all should be reading, reading, reading. !!!! There! I said the *Un-sayable*! -grin-

    You watched some happy shows. Who says this should have been interspersed with reading?

    Sometimes I really enjoy reading. Right now, I do not. I am no less a so-called superior, intelligent, well-rounded person, for not reading books. And I am tired of the almost universal 'message,' that I/we are.

    Ooops... a Soap Box comment. I have my b log for this stuff. -gigggles-

    Gentle hugs...

    ��This Sunday
    Eat "Junk"��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hugs are always appreciated!

      I don't necessarily think I 'should' be reading; it is something that I really enjoy. I enjoyed the movies as well. I go for whatever it is that can quiet my mind when needed.

      Hope you're planning on enjoying some Junk food today!! Enjoy.

      Delete
  4. It will definitely take time Lori, don't push yourself, Jet was with you for such a long time. I still get teary eyed now and then thinking about my Missy and Beefy.

    Your meals look delicious this week, but they always do!

    I'm glad you have a relaxing Sunday planned. Your super bowl menu sounds perfect - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Martha!

      So far, I have been very successful doing very little. :)

      Your menu sounded amazing. I wish I was coming to your house. Have fun!

      Delete
  5. It's going to take awhile before you're really over Jet's passing, and don't worry about it if you're still feeling it weeks or months from now. I had a cat that passed a decade ago and I still miss him.

    I need to make homemade salads like you do. Those prepackaged ones are getting me sick every so often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I've lost three other cats in the past and I know you never quite get over it. I think I'm just questioning myself should we have put him through the surgery. But I also know if we hadn't done it i would be questioning if it would have worked.

      I can't eat prepackaged salads. There is something in them that bloats my stomach and makes me miserable.

      Hope you're doing well!!

      Delete
  6. Hugs for your heart. Your cupcakes look delicious! Wish I could pop over for one now! Your salad looks delicious too. Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Billie Jo. Happy Valentines Day!!

      Delete
  7. Wow those dinners look so good, Lori! Especially the manicotti! Aren't long talks with friends wonderful? xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenny. Yes I love chatting with my friends. It's nice when someone has known you for so many years.

      Delete